cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint unable to activate a used iphone 5

Journeyman

Sprint unable to activate a used iphone 5

I purchased an iphone 5 to replace another iphone that we lost. Called Sprint Customer service twice in the same day to try and make the swap. Called the first time about after 30 minutes I was told that the iphone 5 cannot be used on the Sprint network. I asked why, and was told that this phone "may" have been used as a prepaid phone instead of post paid. Sprint customer care said that they will create a ticket so someone in the back office can look at the issue, try to find a solution, then calls me back. 7 hours went by before I called again and I heard the a similar story from another Sprint representative, only this time the issue is with IMEI number. I have to wait again for a back office person to call me back. The IMEI number is clean and the phone is a Sprint locked phone not an unlocked phone. I also called Apple to confirm and was told that they don't see any issue with the phone. I have no phone and I don't want to buy a new phone right now, what should I do??

3 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Sprint unable to activate a used iphone 5

Wow, more than 24 hours after this post, and no reply from the "great" Sprint customer care.

Sprint Social Care

Hello WirelessCaller1! We apologize for the late response. Please allow us to take a closer look into this. Check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Three days have passed, Sprint has taken a closer look, bunch of private messages sent back and forth, and no solutions yet. I'm very frustrated...I'm totally shocked that Sprint can't even tell me (or know) what the problem is. I think my next step will be to vent my frustrations on Sprint's Twitter accounts.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat