cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Service!!!! Needs to get resolved ASAP!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Terrible Service!!!! Needs to get resolved ASAP!!!

Since the release of the iPhone 5 I have had horrible service with Sprint. I upgraded my iPhone 4S and even added another line because we had been happy with our service for a long time. When I upgraded my service instantly became terrible. I tried to get help from Sprint and all they did was waste hours and hours of my time. They then referred me to Apple where they conducted the same test as Sprint and then a few more. Eventually exchanged my phone for another and that didn’t work. They told me that the iPhone 5 is working just fine and that it had to be my service with Sprint. I went back to Sprint and they continued to waste my time. They keep telling me that it is my towers that are being worked on and that they will be up soon. That is such a lie because I don’t live where they checked and even if they were truly down in my area I have travelled and have the same service everywhere. Here are my problems, 1- My picture messages will not go through. 2- My text messages will only go through about 75% of the time. 3- My internet connectivity is terribly slow if it even works at all. 4- Incoming calls don’t always get through to me, people calling me will be directed to voice mail after one ring and I don’t get any kind of notice of the call. At this point I would like for Sprint to release me of all my contracts. Who do I contact?

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted

TELLO6017,

Thank you for posting your concern! What troubleshooting steps have you taken to try and resolve the issues you've detailed? Also, are you experiencing the same issues with the other line on your account and do you still have your iPhone 4s?

I look forward to your response!

William

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have done the ##update#, turned off and waited for sprint to reset, i have reset my phone back to factory settings, i went to apple and got a new phone after they tried to replace the sim card on my original phone, i turned off the LTE, software update check. Im sure ive done other troubleshooting but dont recall, i have spent many hours with sprint and apple trying to solve this issue. Both iPhone 5s are experiencing the same problems. I do still have my iPhone 4. I forgot to mention that Siri doesnt work either, im guessing becaus eof the horrible data service sprint provides.

Highlighted

TELLO6017,

Thank you for the details! Would it be possible for you to share your zipcode and closest cross streets? I'd like to review the network quality within your area.

Thanks!

-William

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here we go again... 92065. You are going to either tell me that there is work being done on my areas towers or that there was an open ticket but that the work is complete and I should be good. Go ahead and check the entire I-5 for any tickets too because I drove to Sacramento recently and had the same horrible quality service the whole way. This is frustrating because it never ends in a solution to our problems. Sprint should do something other than steal my money and waste my time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you read this board it's the same bs. They always ask where you are them say work is being done in area or try to do a reset and update. I have been to apple and sprint is the problem. No matter where you are the iPhone 5 is worthless and they will keep feeding you garbage. I called verizon today and the plan is same price and they will buy back your phones from ya. I'm leaving like many others and I suggest you do the same. The verizon store told me they have been busier then ever with sprint defectors. I'm just ticked that they have wasted so much of my time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is for TELLO6017 and SuperWilliamD. I'm having the 100% same problems as TELLO6017 and even more problems then TELLO6017 in my whole market(Miami/Palm Beach) everywhere I been from day 1 second 1 and now I'm on my 6th device because of this and all devices have been doing the 100% the same things with 100% no improvement at all on any of the devices. Also, even though I'm in the Miami/Palm Beach market I took a trip to see family in Trenton, NJ and Levittown, PA and drove back and forth between them booth and even went to Philadelphia, PA a few times on this trip and to be honest the 100% same things that are going on in my home market of Miami/Palm Beach where happing in Trenton, NJ, Levittown, PA and every where in between while I was in the car and family was driving back and forth on different days. Also, on the drives from Levittown, PA to Philadelphia, PA and back and everywhere I was in Philadelphia, PA was also doing the 100% same things. So now with this being said you(Sprint as a whole and SuperWilliamD) can't say this is an Apple issue and you can't say I 'm not having problems or it is just 1 cell tower or area because this is happening for me in 3 different states all of Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties FL, Trenton, NJ, Levittown, PA, the whole drive in between back and forth(From, Levittown, PA to Trenton, NJ) Philadelphia, PA and the whole trip back and forth(Levittown, PA to Philadelphia, PA). So the questions are why is happening to me? and what is Sprint as a whole going to do to fix these issues? because 3 different states(and probably more states)  and this is going on, what a joke Sprint is they really need to get there act togeather ASAP!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

It’s funny how I am not being helped by a Sprint representative anymore. It doesn't surprise me since they have also hung up on me in the past. Either way, BOOSPRINT1230 and bigj0110, I decided to call Sprint again to figure a way to resolve this issue with my iPhone 5s. There was no solution to the iPhone 5s and Sprint has me locked into a contract. I just can't afford the early cancelation fees and I can't afford to use my iPhones as paperweights so I had to go back to my iPhone 4S. I am going to sell back my iPhone 5s to Sprint and recover what I paid for them (Sprint will pay $300 for iPhone 5, 16GB). The representative that I talked to was very helpful and even got me a pretty nice credit to my account. In the end I will break even for all the expenses (phones and the service) I paid for over the past three/four months. I guess it is the best thing that could have happened in my case. This does not change the fact that Sprint wasted hours and hours of my time or that it was hell dealing with all the issues and the horrible service. I am choosing the lesser of two evils, despite the outcome of this I will not forget what i have had to deal with. By the way, the iPhone 4S works just fine. Good luck and maybe you guys can also get a credit for all your troubles. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S3. Not iPhone. Idk why you people get iPhones. Closed Source, While Android OS is completely open and has a trillion times more features.

Highlighted

TELLO6017,

Hey there! So sorry about the delay in my response. I've been doing a bit of research on the iPhone 5 and we were previously experiencing a 3G issue in select markets. The issue has since been resolved as there is a new carrier build available. If you haven't done so already, follow these instructions:

• To verify the carrier build version, go to settings --> general --> about --> carrier. Verify that you're running version 13.1.
  • If you need to update the version, when you access the about menu, you should be prompted with a message that states "carrier settings update", update and apply the changes.

Let me know if you've done so already.

Thanks,

William

Highlighted

bigj0110,

Thanks for the detailed response. Can you give me a bit more detail in regards to the issues you're experiencing? I know you said that you're experiencing issues in multiple markets, but what exactly is going on? Many different markets are undergoing Network Vision upgrades, which can cause temporary impairments. If you could provide me with a couple of zipcodes which you tend to frequent, that would be a good place for me to start reviewing.

Thanks and sorry about the delay as well!

-William

Highlighted
Journeyman

Right now I'm on my 6th device and all 6 devices have been doing the same problems. 1st off as far as calling goes my calls fail 90% of the time and it does not matter how I hold the phone and It can be inside, outside, driving in a car or standing/sitting down in one place it does not matter. Also, if not a failed call then there is choppyness in the call or the call is going in and out to the point I end up hanging up the calls because it is so bad. Then I also had people call me and some said it raing normal for them and for some it went stright the voicemail and they said they left me a message but I got no call or nothing showed up in the call log and when I went to check the voicemail by calling in and checking the visual voicemail nothing was there, this is happeing a lot now. Then far as data goes(3G) most of the time it is so bad I can't even do a full speed test no matter how many bars I have even full bars, and with that being said everything that requires data does not works at all because of this. So in other words my data is nonexistent. Also, even though LTE is in beta testing right now in my market but when I do get LTE it is really bad speeds on 1-2 bar or  even full bar LTE, while the ping is good at 46 ms the download is 0.22  and the upload is 0.25. No matter where I'm at in the whole market I get these 3G speeds and LTE(when I do pick up LTE). Also, my text and iMessages fail majority of the time and I have to retry it most of the time more then once, by the way this happens on any amount of bars and on 3G, LTE(when I do pick it up) or even on full bar Wi-Fi on a private network with a password. Also an iMessage when they go through take longer then they should to be delivered it is not instant like it should be even on full bar Wi-Fi it takes any were from 1 minute-5 minutes to go through majority of the time. Again all this has been happening on all 6 devices anywhere in the whole market I been to(multiply counties) since day one right out of the box. Also but not everywhere I had a few times where my phone said "no service" and stays like this until I leave the area, this happens inside at every mall I been to each and every time I been to them, the court house(that's where I work), sports arenas stadiums, and every big building I been to while other compies iPhone 5's work inside all theses places with full bars . In the courthouse I have go downstairs and out side every time to only get 1-2 bars that fails a lot because this is one of the wost spots ever! Also I was able to get LTE inside only once at a friends house in her room near the window and about every 5 min it would go 3G to LTE stay on LTE for about 5 min and changed my clock on my phone it was around 8:30PM and changed to 5:16 and stayed at 5:16 for 5 min then moved to 5:17 and every min started to change and it was not until hours later when I went outside that it went back to the correct time. So you know the 1st part when I said it is happening everywhere thous problems even happened in NJ and PA all over like I said in the other post. Also, the 1st part as far as my local market it is not just in one place this happening in every place I go from day one second one. I also saw some one post somthing on another post on this site about how her iPhone 5 in my same market is not working in like 7 + cities  in one county(Broward). Then saw some one else with the 5 say in another post in my market in Miami-Dade county say they are having the same problems going on, so it is not just me this with other people as well. Also, so you know this is still happening even after I got the carrier update to 13.1 nothing changed at all and to be honest it has gotten worst for me ounce I got the update.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat