cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Service!!!! Needs to get resolved ASAP!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Terrible Service!!!! Needs to get resolved ASAP!!!

Since the release of the iPhone 5 I have had horrible service with Sprint. I upgraded my iPhone 4S and even added another line because we had been happy with our service for a long time. When I upgraded my service instantly became terrible. I tried to get help from Sprint and all they did was waste hours and hours of my time. They then referred me to Apple where they conducted the same test as Sprint and then a few more. Eventually exchanged my phone for another and that didn’t work. They told me that the iPhone 5 is working just fine and that it had to be my service with Sprint. I went back to Sprint and they continued to waste my time. They keep telling me that it is my towers that are being worked on and that they will be up soon. That is such a lie because I don’t live where they checked and even if they were truly down in my area I have travelled and have the same service everywhere. Here are my problems, 1- My picture messages will not go through. 2- My text messages will only go through about 75% of the time. 3- My internet connectivity is terribly slow if it even works at all. 4- Incoming calls don’t always get through to me, people calling me will be directed to voice mail after one ring and I don’t get any kind of notice of the call. At this point I would like for Sprint to release me of all my contracts. Who do I contact?

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted

bigj0110,

Thanks for the details! I'd like to take a closer look at your devices performance. I am going to send you a private message.

Heads up!

-William

Highlighted
Journeyman

here are some links to people on this site in my market also saying there having problems so you can see it is not only me in my home market http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/501920#501920 (12 down), http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/499736#499736 (the whole post), http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/508552#508552 (8 & 10 down), http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/479448#479448 (the whole post), http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/99267?start=15&tstart=0 (14 down),

Highlighted
Journeyman

A lot of us (myself included - former GSII owner) came to the iOS platform seeking to escape the MANY problems that exist with Android...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately, if you went to Apple iPhone to think you won't have issues you are sadly mistaken. I've been an iPhone user from the initial and very first iPhone up to the 3GS, I can say no matter what carrier you are on, they had issues. I was on ATT and it sucked. I had a huge amount of issues, but I love the fact that Apple is 'perfect' in every way. It's just ignorant to think that, when the factual part about any kind of modern technology is YOU WILL HAVE ISSUES.  I'm sorry you're experiencing those issues, but that's why I went to the HTC EVO 4G and now the Samsung Galaxy S3 and I've been quite happy since I left behind my iPhones.

To each their own, but if you hate Sprint then switch carriers, nobody is holding a gun to your head to keep you around. For some reason people think the threat of leaving will produce some results or magically fix your technical issue with your phone, but it won't.

My wife just got a iPhone 5 and has a couple problems with it sending duplicate texts and not recieving them for quite some time if she is sent a text. I don't have the issue when we've testing this out sitting right next to each other sending each other texts. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Um, if it only it were that easy. Most people sign 2 year agreements and would owe $350 to leave. So I would say that sprints smoking gun, wouldn't you?  Does your wife's phone have LTE? I would guess yes. If not you are one of lucky ones I guess.  The issue is iPhone5 data on 3G.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey, I'm having the same problems like every one else plus even more problems, but Sprint corporate office keeps telling me that it's "geography problems" for what is happing to every one and how I get no service in every arena, every mall and the courthouse(where I go every day, as I'm a lawyer). But get this if it was really "geography problems" then every carrier should be having the same "geography problems", but I just switched over to Verizon and got the iPhone 5 with them and at my house with the iPhone 5 on Sprint I got 1-2 bars that keep faling or droping the calls, going in and out and are very choppy. But with the same phone the iPhone 5 on Verizon in the same location I get full bars with none of thous problems. Also, every where that the Sprint iPhone 5 got no service at all the Verizon iPhone 5 has 4-5 bar every time with no calling or data problems and even the LTE did not slow down not even .1% the whole time. So after all this, Sprint to me are a bunch of liers and crooks and my advice to all the Sprint branded iPhone 5 owners if I where you I would get the fuc k out of here as fast as you can and run to another carrier because all you get from Sprint is a bricked iphone 5 right out the box that all you can do is use it as an iPod.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had similar problems, Apple and Sprint were no help at all, running me around in circles.  Finally one Sprint worker suggested it might be my metallic case interfering with service.  So I got a new case, and no more dropped calls!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sounds right . My sister has The EVO and no problems

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat