cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Sign In iTunes & App Store "unknown error has occurred"

Unable to Sign In iTunes & App Store "unknown error has occurred"

I just purchased the iPhone 5 and "all" is working ok except I am unable to log into the iTunes & App Store on the iPhone. I have an Apple ID and am able to log into the site on my PC but not able to log into on my iPhone. Any suggestions?? I do not want to mess with my activation as it seemed to be working well with this exception.

It does not say incorrect user id or password - the message is "Could Not Sign In  An unknown error has occurred"

Thanks

5 REPLIES
Master

Re: Unable to Sign In iTunes & App Store "unknown error has occurred"

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4382849?start=0&tstart=0

In settings I signed out of my iTunes account, then signed back in.

It’s now working for me… Hope this helps.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Larry - thank you for this suggestion but there is no option to "sign out" - the only option is to sign in and that is where the problem lies.

Master

Ok, then Apple support is at  (800) MY-IPHONE (800-694-7466

Larry

Wizard

Try this to log-out of  iTunes and App Store:

Settings > iTunes and App Store > click on your Apple ID > click Sign Out

Thanks for trying - guess what - found out there was a problem with the iTune/App Store servers. A very nice Apple Customer Care rep (thanks Larry for the suggestion) informed me when I called. Glad to know it was only that as my iPhone 5 has been working. Have not run into data connection issues yet so hopefully I won't.

As I tell people, I have gone to the "dark" side (switched from 4 years on an Android) and having to get used to the Apple.