cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Sign In iTunes & App Store "unknown error has occurred"

Unable to Sign In iTunes & App Store "unknown error has occurred"

I just purchased the iPhone 5 and "all" is working ok except I am unable to log into the iTunes & App Store on the iPhone. I have an Apple ID and am able to log into the site on my PC but not able to log into on my iPhone. Any suggestions?? I do not want to mess with my activation as it seemed to be working well with this exception.

It does not say incorrect user id or password - the message is "Could Not Sign In  An unknown error has occurred"

Thanks

5 REPLIES
Master

Re: Unable to Sign In iTunes & App Store "unknown error has occurred"

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4382849?start=0&tstart=0

In settings I signed out of my iTunes account, then signed back in.

It’s now working for me… Hope this helps.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Larry - thank you for this suggestion but there is no option to "sign out" - the only option is to sign in and that is where the problem lies.

Master

Ok, then Apple support is at  (800) MY-IPHONE (800-694-7466

Larry

Wizard

Try this to log-out of  iTunes and App Store:

Settings > iTunes and App Store > click on your Apple ID > click Sign Out

Thanks for trying - guess what - found out there was a problem with the iTune/App Store servers. A very nice Apple Customer Care rep (thanks Larry for the suggestion) informed me when I called. Glad to know it was only that as my iPhone 5 has been working. Have not run into data connection issues yet so hopefully I won't.

As I tell people, I have gone to the "dark" side (switched from 4 years on an Android) and having to get used to the Apple.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.