cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send/recieve MMS or upload pics + network connectivity issues

Patron

Unable to send/recieve MMS or upload pics + network connectivity issues

I got my iPhone back in January, since activation I have been having issues with sending and receiving MMS via iMessage and text, as well as uploading images to apps (Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter, everything basically), but initially I could access the web and apps and do everything else fine. It's 3 months later and I have spent countless HOURS and DAYS on the phone with technical support and in the store and the issue still persists and has even worsened; my 3G goes in and out and I'm not able to access the web or even send text or dial out sometimes (and I can be sitting completely still and watch the signal fluctuate and go up and down). This is my 4th or 5th replacement. No rep, tech support, or even the engineer has been able to resolve this issue. They sent the issue up to the engineers who have said that the iPhone 5 is basically too advanced for the towers in my area (Greensboro, NC) and that there is a part they need to replace on a neighboring tower that should allow for me to access the network and it will take 3-4 months for them to fix the tower. But I live in one city, work in another, my family is in yet another, and my friends are in others so I travel up and down my state quite frequently and the issue persists, so I'm 99% sure this won't resolve my issue. I think this is completely absurd. I'd hate to leave Sprint because I've been a customer for a few years and I've never had an issue with the service that wasn't promptly resolved, but it's ridiculous of me to pay for service I can't access.

Is anyone else having this issue and does anyone know of a resolution??

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Unable to send/recieve MMS or upload pics + network connectivity issues

dlcoving-

Thank you so much for the post! I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues for such an extended period of time! I'd like to take a look at your area and see what's going on from the network side. Can you provide me with a zipcode and cross streets to an impacted area? That will be a great starting point for me.

Additionally, do you notice if these issues are occurring during the morning/day/evening or all?

Thank you in advance for your response!

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Patron

Thanks for the prompt response. My home address zip code is 27403 (spring garden st and chapman st). As stated this happens to me every where I go. Such as in the following zip codes 27707 27101 (3rd st and main st) and 27516 (fan branch lane and culbreth dr)--I visit all of these zip codes frequently.

I have noticed that it is worse in the AM around 8-10 and in the evenings Around 5pm. But it will go in and out all day.

Journeyman

I have the exact same issues as well as everyone that I know on the iPhone5 with Sprint in the Greensboro/Winston-Salem area.

I get pretty much the same responses that you get and the question for cross streets and zip codes. They don't understand that this is not an

issue that is isolated to just a few cross streets. It is EVERYWHERE in the Triad area.

I have been a Sprint customer for over 10 years and I have never been as unhappy as I have been since getting the iPhone. It is not an iPhone issue because everyone I know that has an iPhone with another provider does not have these issues.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat