cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undisclosed LTE roaming policy

Journeyman

Undisclosed LTE roaming policy

My iPhone 5 was unlocked and roamed flawlessly to LTE on EE in the UK.  Now it no longer does so after installing 6,1 or 6.1,2.  Sprint says they have not done this so it must be Apple.  I paid retail for this phone so it is not under contract.  It is fully unlocked.  LTE is enabled.  Just not found.  Was working fine before.  Anyone else have this experience?  This sure makes Android phones look good. 

Tags (4)
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Undisclosed LTE roaming policy

rnomad4s,

Thanks for the post, can you let us know where you purchased the phone? Are you currently a Sprint subscriber?

TheFifthLetter

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Re: Undisclosed LTE roaming policy

I am a Sprint subscriber.  The iPhone5 was purchased from Sprint but replaced by Apple and is unlocked.  I was hoping 6.1.4 might do something but the issue persists.  Strangely, while trying various and sundry install and restore actions, I had a failed restore, and then LTE worked.  For a while.  However, when I returned to the U.S. and went back to Sprint and then came back to the U.K., it again did not work.  It connects fine to EE, just not to LTE.  LTE is enabled.  Situation is the same even if I restore as new so it is not an app.  It also persists after a DFU restore.  Apple Stores in both U.S. and U.K. tell me the problem is impossible. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat