cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can nobody figure out what is wrong with my Sprint iPhone 5?!?!?!?!?!??????

Journeyman

Why can nobody figure out what is wrong with my Sprint iPhone 5?!?!?!?!?!??????

I bought an iPhone 5 in December. I am on my third unit. I frequently have no data connection to 3G, 4G LTE or even Wifi. I even tried to switch to airplane mode and still cannot get a reliable signal twenty feet away. This is in all areas and multiple wifi systems. Apple has done everything they can. We wiped it out numerous times, updates, etc. etc. We changed the hardware, wiped out the firmware and software, restarted, checked every setting and service update and wiped it clean of all apps and data. On my third iPhone it even took over 3 hours to set itself up because it couldn't find the wifi which was allowing the laptop next to it to stream movies flawlessly. This is on a brand new device which hadn't even been set up yet. Now both Apple and Sprint have run out of options and service will no longer work with me because they have nothing else to do. Tech support investigated and came up with nothing, so they left me a voice mail saying that they are working to improve service and then closed the case. This is still unresolved. Customer support offered one final suggestion: to take a loss by selling this device back to them and buying some crappy refurbished phone (like the HTC EVO which I had been trying to get rid of for the last 2 years because it didn't work well). This is not acceptable. I am in a contract and expect my services provided. I am past the 14 day trade-in window because I liked the device and I was promised that these issues would be resolved quickly and service would be provided, but now, months later, I am stuck with a phone which doesn't work and a bill for services I cannot use. I have exhausted every resource with both Sprint and Apple, both locally and nationally. What do I do now?

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Why can nobody figure out what is wrong with my Sprint iPhone 5?!?!?!?!?!??????

i am also experiencing a similar issue: though wifi still works, i am showing a full signal yet no ability to access data. i have exchanged the phone twice, and just got the sim card replaced again today. same problem! Sprint CS told me that I am not the only person to call in with this issue, to go to the apple store, then offered to buy back the phone for 250 and charge 450 for an android phone! this is obviously not a hardware problem. I know there is a known issue with iPhones and the data service, but having NO DATA whatsoever, unacceptable! as previous poster mentioned, sprint cannot bill a customer for a service that it does not actually provide!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Why can nobody figure out what is wrong with my Sprint iPhone 5?!?!?!?!?!??????

Same issue. 16 calls to customer support and no resolve.

I have lost revenue from business and went into early false labor (pregnant.)

I am filing a class action suit for unfulfilled promises / no follow up and lack communication.  The primary claim will be re: product liability, lost wages.  If you are interested in being added to the suit, please contact me @michelleelana@gmail.com.

Journeyman

I spent the entire day between the Sprint store speaking to techs and then making an appointment and going to the Apple Store.  The problem is SPRINT - yet they have offered no solution.  I have no wireless connectivity away from my home wifi and most of my texts do not send or receive. Still waiting to hear back about what Sprint plans to do.

My husband, daughters, parents, and other family members have iPhone 4S they have no connectivity problems and get great service!  Before I got my iPhone 5 (less than a month ago) I had an HTC Evo and had no issues with connectivity or service.  I am beyond frustrated with the entire situation.

Journeyman

Finally have a trouble ticket established with an engineer. Unfortunately, no answer for 3 days!

Journeyman

I have the same issues. what a joke.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat