cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I send picture messages on my iPhone 5?

Journeyman

Why can't I send picture messages on my iPhone 5?

I live in Las Vegas, NV but every time I try to send picture messages, the messaging app says "not delivered".  Why does this happen and is it only in Sprint?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Why can't I send picture messages on my iPhone 5?

fabiannnd-

Greetings and sorry to hear about this issue! Did this just start happening today? Try power-cycling your device and dial out to ##UPDATE# and press call. This will update your device's network settings.

Let me know if that offers any resolve and thanks for reaching out to us!

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I also have an iPhone 5 and Sprint and am having he same problem sending pictures. It is getting annoying with the mix of: no 3G and no ability to send picture messages (with 3 bars). I updated like you said and still no luck.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue with my iPhone 4S. I can only send and receive picture messages through iMessage.

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue.  I can't send pictures to non iPhone users!!!

Journeyman

I would suggest that anyone having problems sending MMS (which are multimedia texts), go to Settings>Messages> and make sure that MMS messaging is turned on. Also, if you restored your iPhone from a saved profile for either AT&T or Verizon, it is possible that your Sprint iPhone gets those company's profiles in the data configuration, making it impossible to use MMS. If that's the case, you need to do a full reset by going to Settings>Reset>Reset Network Settings, or if that doesn't work, Reset all Settings, and do not restore from an iTunes backup. If you do that, your iPhone will be like a new one, and you will have to reenter all passwords.

Journeyman

I have noticed this on all 3 of my sprint iphones. I have a 4s and 2 iPhone 5's.. When sending to another iphone on the Sprint network, the picture texts go through quicker if imessage is available, but still take longer than they should. When sending picture texts to an iPhone off the Sprint network, the picture texts take forever. (5 minutes or more) and sometimes fail. When sending to a non-iPhone on Sprint or not, the messages fail frequently and often multiple times. It can take 15 minutes or more to send these pictures. Here's the cool part. If I reboot the phone (any of the 3 of them) I can send picture texts with no problems... until I make or take a phone call. Once the phone call ends, I can no longer send picture texts. I can recreate these issues from multiple iPhones, in multiple locations on 3g, LTE, and WiFi. Can't wait to see how sprint's tech junkies respond to this one!

Journeyman

I am having this problem as well.  Is there a fix?

Journeyman

Please see both links below. they talk about the same thing. I guess we are out of luck. Is kind of sad that nobody told me until I had this issue today while talking to somebody and wanted to send a picture at the same time. I have made the worse mistake, I changed my account from ATT and let go an unlimited contract just for saving like $10.00 a month and now I can't send pictures while talking. I guess T-Mobile will have a new customer. http://www.iphonehacks.com/2013/09/iphone-5s-iphone-5c-wont-support-simultaneous-voice-data-on-veriz... http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57602477-37/verizons-sprints-iphone-5s-5c-wont-juggle-data-voice/

Highlighted
Journeyman

This method work for me however now every time I send a group message out I also get the same group message over again.

Journeyman

that was happening to me too, but once I started deleting pictures and texts I was able to send them and see the pictures that I took

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat