cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do you charge such a high amount for long distance?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why do you charge such a high amount for long distance?

I spoke to a represenative yesterday as I wanted to be able to call my family in mexico. I have had both At&t(I can not recall price but it was about .25) with a $10.00 a month plan which allows unlimited to cell phones and T-mobile (per minute .49/with plan .29) which charge a substancial amount less to call to the same areas in mexico. The represenative advised that calls to mexico without the long distance plan are $2.99 per minute and with plan $1.99 per minute. I was left speechless as I heard this, this is outrageous!

I would see no reason to charge this much.

Why would you need to charge so much when other carriers charge so much less?

$2.99 and $1.99 a minute is absurd.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wizard

Tootalljay,

I am not sure whom you spoke with, and I do apologize for the misinfo on this. Here is the info your needing. Goto Sprint.com>Services>International services or got to www.sprint.com/international

Country/U.S. TerritoryCountry Code
(Area Code)
Sprint Standard RateSprint International Long Distance PlanMobile Dialing Codes
Call to LandlineCall to MobileCall to LandlineCall to Mobile
Mexico52$0.49 per minute$0.67 per minute$0.09 per minute$0.27 per minute
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for the information, I am not sure why the person I spoke to gave me incorrect information. She was in the international long distance department and I was clearing I would be calling from USA to Mexico. She even metioned she calls Dominican Republic and is also charged a high rate. I will give them a call again today and hopefully I can get this resolved..

I think part of the problem is that Sprint sends their customer service to a variety of 3rd parties leading to a lot of mis information.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat