cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 3G Data doesn't work at all

Journeyman

iPhone 5 3G Data doesn't work at all

Lately I have noticed that my Sprint iPhone 5 3G data is non existent. It will not send text messages, load webpages or anything that uses data. However, I find it really odd that the iPhones LTE works fine wherever it is available. I live in San Antonio, TX and this is making me go crazy because I cannot even use my phone when I am at work or even if I go to the store down the street. I have relatives with Sprint iPhone 4S and they have 3G signal in places that I don't. I just get the 3G in the signal bar then it switches to the o and back to the 3G and back and forth. What is the problem here. It always tells me could not activate cellular data network. Does Sprint just stink this bad? Can anyone help? All sprint says is to update the PRL but it doesnt work it seems like an excuse for something? Idk if I need a new phone or just need to leave Sprint and join a better carrier like Verizon or AT&T maybe even T-Mobile.

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 5 3G Data doesn't work at all

jcontreras,

Oh no, this isn't good to hear. Can you provide me your zip code and cross streets so that I can narrow down the area and check tower activity near you? With the iPhone 5, to do a system update you would tap Phone>dial ##873283# then call. The phone will search for profile updates and then install them. Let me know how this works out for you!

Regards,

*Audrey

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I Have the exact same problem in Va 22801. However, I am certain you are aware this is not a signal outage problem. It doesn't take very long combing the threads in the iphone 5 section on this forum to see that there are several cases of the same issue being reported with people giving extensive explanations of what they have been dealing with between the two companies (apple and sprint) trying to get this resolved. The #update thing, as far as I can tell, has not worked for anyone. Apple tells you it's a carrier issue, sprint tells you it's a hardware issue. It's starting to feel like there's not much research being done on this problem given how long the 5 has been out. Please help, anyone.

Journeyman

same thing with my Iphone 4 - it does not work at all in Asheville, NC 28806 - stinks i'm paying for phone that doesn't work - i would like to switch to Verizon but I'm sure sprint will charge me cancellation fee, which is BS.

My whole family is affected - Iphone 4S and another Iphone 4 - no bars - recipient is not receiving test messages - even though it tell my delivered.

Journeyman

Both my IPhone 5 and my Galaxy S4 get LTE here in Zip Code 60102. I don't understand why so many people are NOT even getting good 3G Speeds, whereas I get LTE here in Zip Code 60102 near Square Barn Road and Algonquin Road.

Journeyman

I have an iPhone 5 and i've been having the same problem since i went to New York last week i couldn't have any 3g signal and it was going from the "o" to 3G all day with out any connection. My Zip Code is: 32792 near N Goldenrod Rd

Journeyman

Same problem for me as well. The 3g on the iphone 5 is terrible. I can be in downtown Columbus 43206 and not even be able to upload emails. Some of the apps I have can not even be supported with the 3g. I feel like it is just a waste of time to check my phone. Such a shame. Sprint needs to get there act together.

Journeyman

We have three iPhone 5's in our family in Florida 321XX and the data is pretty much non existent in our whole 5 city area. My husband is a truck driver driving all over the country and he barely has data anywhere he goes...on main highways, through major cities. :He also loses his cell phone signal frequently, even in major cities. His partner is with Verizon and has phone and data pretty much everywhere all over the country. How can this be?

Journeyman

My wife's iphone is having the same problems.  This started a couple weeks ago.  We have traded phones at apple and best buy.  Surely it isn't the phone.  We've done EVERYTHING to update the phone.  No luck!  FRUSTRATING!!!!!

Journeyman

Wow. I have been having the same issues. I actually ended up getting a phone swap thinking that would help. As others have mentioned LTE works fine (where available) other than that my 3G is completely non-existent. I am in CA 94806 can anyone help.

thanks in advance.

Journeyman

mellyfranco11

Thank you for reaching out to the community for help! I checked the general area and there are a few towers. May I please have your nearest cross streets to check the tower performance closest to you? In the meantime, clear your web browser’s cache. Talk with you soon.

Regards,

*Audrey

Sprint Social Media Team

Journeyman

i have tried updating and restarting...pretty much everything. Like I said this a replacement and I am still having the same issue. I have come to the conclusion that it is not the phone itself but possibly something else. Again, I'm  in CA 94806 cross street Rumrill blvd

thank you 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat