Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 3G data - stuck when loading websites

Journeyman

iPhone 5 3G data - stuck when loading websites

I had HTC Evo 4G for the past two years and never had any 3G problems as it works perfectly fine and fast. Switched to iphone 5 two days ago. Sometimes 3G will work fine. But most of the time when I surf on Safari, I still have the 3G signal on top of the screen, but the page will load halfway and gets stuck. The loading signal to the right of the 3G will keep running. When I switch to wifi everything works fine.

I live in Cupertino/San Jose, CA.

Anyone else with the same issue? I am starting to miss my fast 3G speed on my HTC Evo. I am wondering if it's because they are testing LTE, so it's making 3G data unusable, or is it just the common problem with the iphone?

14 day return policy is ticking...

27 REPLIES 27
Journeyman

i left att to be with sprint... and im in the CA... it is just naturally horrible... 14 day still exists for me... but i have two phones to pay for if i cancel.. so it would be $200 for restocking fee and activation... which i think is a rip off.. and they really want to make sure people dont return to sprint...

Journeyman

why would you be paying $200 for restocking fee and activation?  it doesn't mention this anywhere on the returns page:

http://www.sprint.com/landings/returns/

Journeyman

I think we might have the same problem. It happens to me sometimes at random but it happens everytime after I make a call then hang up and go to load a page or something and it wont load. Run a speedtest and it can't run. I found that toggling the "cellular data" switch in the settings menu makes 3G work again. I kinda feel like this is an issue with the iPhone and might not be the network.

I have an appointment with the Apple store on Wednesday.

Journeyman

Thanks for sharing GusHerb94,

Toggling the cellular data works for me too, but it will just go back to the same issue again after a while. Please let us know after you talk with the Apple store on wednesday because I want to know if it's the phone that's being defective since android phones work fine with Sprint 3G data. Thanks!

Journeyman

Thanks for letting me know that androids don't have this issue! That may be my backup plan if apple doesn't get me a new phone or make mine work. I do have a friend with the iP5 on sprint and is not having this issue, so maybe it is the phone.

Journeyman

Speedtest results from today, absolutely horrendous, it took 1 min to load google.com and often stuck and freezes and 3g text changes to 0.

Sprint 3G 9.24.2012.PNG

Journeyman

I'm in the bay area as well and toggling the cellular data switch worked for me too.  It went from 0.02mpbs to 1.3mbps DL speed!

I also turned off the data roaming, not sure if it made any difference.

Journeyman

Toggling cellular doesn't work for me. I think it is more likely their congested 3g network . I noticed when I tried midnight yesterday, the speeds were acceptable at .50mbps.

Journeyman

Yep, the network is slow. I called sprint and they gave me some # code which reset network setting on the iphone5 after which 3g data seemed to be working ok, between 1 to 0.5 mbps down. At least so far, but to be fair it was past 8pm so traffic may have died down on the n/w. I'll check again tomorrow during the day time. The CS agent did say that the n/w is congested and you should see it get better in a few days once the new phone activations and new users lose interest in playing with their phones. Seems the network load is causing the phone to switch down from 3g to E and then back again cauing the issue. But, shouldn't sprint be able to support this much traffic?

Journeyman

Same exact problem, and situation.  The 3G toggle temporary fix worked for me.

One interesting note.  The problem affects most programs that require data:  App Store, Voicemail download, Maps, etc.  However, it does not seem to affect mail communications to my Exchange Server with GoDaddy.  Strange.

Journeyman

Went to the apple store and as soon as she saw I was on sprint she got rude and pretty much shoved me out the door without wanting to hear what I had to say. (Well maybe not exactly but close)

I'm seriously displeased with the way I was treated at this point and will most likely be trading this heap in for a galaxy s3.

So no resolution from apple about this...big surprise.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat