Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 3G data - stuck when loading websites

Journeyman

iPhone 5 3G data - stuck when loading websites

I had HTC Evo 4G for the past two years and never had any 3G problems as it works perfectly fine and fast. Switched to iphone 5 two days ago. Sometimes 3G will work fine. But most of the time when I surf on Safari, I still have the 3G signal on top of the screen, but the page will load halfway and gets stuck. The loading signal to the right of the 3G will keep running. When I switch to wifi everything works fine.

I live in Cupertino/San Jose, CA.

Anyone else with the same issue? I am starting to miss my fast 3G speed on my HTC Evo. I am wondering if it's because they are testing LTE, so it's making 3G data unusable, or is it just the common problem with the iphone?

14 day return policy is ticking...

27 REPLIES 27
Journeyman

It's not a Sprint problem it's the iPhone like always.Lets see how long it takes to get a fix from Apple they can't push it off as a user problem this time.Sorry all flash no substance...

Journeyman

I agree that it's not a Sprint problem. Returned my iPhone 5 today and re-activated my old HTC EVO 4G. Speed is up running fast and consistent. I am able to upload pictures, load all websites, and watch youtube without any buffering.

Something is not right with the iPhones.

Journeyman

Well at least you can use your old phone good.Maybe if more people will return the phones something will be done about it but it's Apple and they have sold millions so if a few come back who cares.

Journeyman

I agree also! I just recenlty got the new black iPhone 5 on SPRINT ( I was previously an AT&T customer, but they suck at customer service!).  I was complaining all this time that SPRINT's network was horrible, slow and not having an iPhone for this network.  I was soo wrong!  This is what happened: my wife also got the iPhone 5 white, also on Sprint.  I was comparing the speeds and network connections on both devices.  They both were on 3G, as we don't have LTE yet here in Hawaii.  To my suprise, my black iPhone 5 was always stuck trying to load a specific website that I tried, while the white iPhone 5 was loading fast and finishing up the upload.  I've tried other tests and still my black i5 lags on connection.  My wife's iPhone hasn't had any flaws since she got it.  I'm just sick that my device is a lemon. I really believe, now, that SPRINT's network is the better than I'd expected.  I think there's something wrong with the new iPhones.  I've seen that a lot of people have been getting network connection problems, and it's not only Sprint customers, but AT&T and Verizon also.  It's not the carriers, Apple is the problem.  They need to come up with an update or something.  Cause if this iPhone problem persists, I'm getting me a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat