cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 + Applecare?

Journeyman

iPhone 5 + Applecare?

Pre-ordered my iPhone 5 as soon as possible, but was not able to purchase applecare (had more important things to cover)

Does anybody know if, when I recieve my iPhone & go to Sprint to activate it, I will still be able to purchase applecare?

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: iPhone 5 + Applecare?

The only approved time for purchase for AppleCare+ on post-launch devices is either the same day of purchase or at activation.

Hope this helps

Abe

Journeyman

it does, hopefully i understood correctly lol.

i plan on taking my phone straight to sprint, as is, in box, and purchasing applecare+ asap.

Journeyman

ABE that is NOT true, you have 30 days from the date of purchase to get the Apple care+, Just bring your phone to any Apple store and the will look at the phone and then you can purchase it thru them.

Abe as a SPRINT Rep. even in the forum you should KNOW and give the correct answers.

Master

EDWARDB5- Lol - I'm not sure where he pre-ordered the iPhone. If he had pre-ordered on Sprint.Com, AppleCare+ can be purchased within 24 hours of activation through any Sprint channel.Customers can purchase AppleCare+ within 30 days of original purchase date at an Apple Retail Store, where phone can be visually inspected and checked for proof of purchase.

Abe

Journeyman

Yes that is correct and that should have been the answer you should have given them. That would have answered the question completely.

Journeyman

According to the Apple website, you can add applecare to the iphone at any time during their 1 year limited manufactures warrenty. Is it a diffrerent time frame when you are a Sprint customer?? I don't see why it would be since it's a service provided through apple and not through sprint.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat