cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 Best place for pre- order! Bestbuy vs Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 5 Best place for pre- order! Bestbuy vs Sprint?

I'm trying to figure out what's the best source of pre ordering the iPhone 5? Basically i think, it'll boil down to the amount of units each company will receive.

25 REPLIES 25
Wizard

Re: iPhone 5 Best place for pre- order! Bestbuy vs Sprint?

I am going to order mine straight from Apple.com. Remember, it's going to be crazy trying to order this phone no matter where you decide. I think back to the iPhone 4 and it took me all day to get my order through. Check this out, it seems that the order date might not be on the 12th.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/911307-iphone-5-available-for-pre-order-from-september-14-apple-set-to-a...

Now this is a UK site so hopefully this isn't going to be the same for the states.

Journeyman

Can I ask why are u preordering through apple? Is it because u aren't eligible for upgrade through your carrier or is it additional benefits by doing so?

Journeyman

It doesn't matter! When you buy from apple you have to login to your sprint/Verizon/AT&T account

Journeyman

if you pre-order thru apple.com, do you still get your carrier discounts?  I see you stated you have to login to your sprint account, but does that guarantee you get your carrier discounts?  Just wondering.  Thanks.

Journeyman

I'm 100% sure it'll recognize the discount through your acct or cell #

Journeyman

Apple.com will recognize your carrier discount. It asks you to input your telephone number and the pin number to your account to calculate your discount. Personally I plan to order through Sprint.

Journeyman

I havent seen any details on Sprint taking pre-orders starting tomorrow like Apple.com is.  Did i miss it somewhere? 

Wizard

Sprint will be taking preorders starting tomorrow.

Journeyman

www.sprint.com/iphone

Journeyman

Thanks everyone!

Wizard

You are welcome, thanks for using the online community!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat