cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 Best place for pre- order! Bestbuy vs Sprint?

Journeyman

iPhone 5 Best place for pre- order! Bestbuy vs Sprint?

I'm trying to figure out what's the best source of pre ordering the iPhone 5? Basically i think, it'll boil down to the amount of units each company will receive.

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Wizard

I am going to order mine straight from Apple.com. Remember, it's going to be crazy trying to order this phone no matter where you decide. I think back to the iPhone 4 and it took me all day to get my order through. Check this out, it seems that the order date might not be on the 12th.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/911307-iphone-5-available-for-pre-order-from-september-14-apple-set-to-a...

Now this is a UK site so hopefully this isn't going to be the same for the states.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can I ask why are u preordering through apple? Is it because u aren't eligible for upgrade through your carrier or is it additional benefits by doing so?

Highlighted
Journeyman

It doesn't matter! When you buy from apple you have to login to your sprint/Verizon/AT&T account

Highlighted
Journeyman

if you pre-order thru apple.com, do you still get your carrier discounts?  I see you stated you have to login to your sprint account, but does that guarantee you get your carrier discounts?  Just wondering.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm 100% sure it'll recognize the discount through your acct or cell #

Highlighted
Journeyman

Apple.com will recognize your carrier discount. It asks you to input your telephone number and the pin number to your account to calculate your discount. Personally I plan to order through Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I havent seen any details on Sprint taking pre-orders starting tomorrow like Apple.com is.  Did i miss it somewhere? 

Highlighted
Wizard

Sprint will be taking preorders starting tomorrow.

Highlighted
Journeyman

www.sprint.com/iphone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks everyone!

Highlighted
Wizard

You are welcome, thanks for using the online community!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat