cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 Best place for pre- order! Bestbuy vs Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 5 Best place for pre- order! Bestbuy vs Sprint?

I'm trying to figure out what's the best source of pre ordering the iPhone 5? Basically i think, it'll boil down to the amount of units each company will receive.

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Journeyman

I know that you can order this tomorow basically friday. Ive heard its 2:01am is this true?

Highlighted
Wizard

It is 2:01 AM CST, 12:01 AM PST. Depends on where you are located.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks ky158151 so will sprint.com have the Iphone5 option to select and pre order? im adding this as a 3rd line so will i still get the discount and pay 199.99+tax and fees or do i need to call it in? I dont know how it works when your adding a 3rd line.

Highlighted
Wizard

Yes, it will give you the option to preorder for new and existing lines. If you are adding the line, then yes, you will get the discount price of $199.99 for 16GB, $299.99 for 32GB, and $399.99 for 64GB.

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do you pre-order?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi akessler81 - go to www.sprint.com and on the home page click the pre order button.

enjoy!

LuLu153

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also want to buy an iPhone 5. I have the model 4 and am very happy, I need some more money, but I'd go looking the best prices.

Highlighted
Wizard

You can utilize the Sprint Buy Back program and use the credit towards the purchase of the iPhone 5.

www.sprint.com/buyback

Highlighted
Journeyman

I decided to pre-order through Radio Shack by putting $50 towards purchase, which I think was the best option. I'm guaranteed to receive my iphone5 on release date. I was kinda skeptical about ordering online due to the shipping process, some say the device will ship on release date which a lot of people woundnt receive their phone until maybe a week later! And Sprint stated they theyll try to have it to u by the 21st...which wasn't good enough for me:)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just checked on the Sprint website, and it says I can trade in my 16GB iPhone 4S for $266 and get a new iPhone 5 for ... $33! I wasn't going to buy one this year, but for $33, why would I not get a brand-new iPhone? The only downside is that I have to extend my warranty, but I'm very happy with Sprint anyway. Why would I change?

I could even upgrade to a 64GB iPhone 5 for an extra $100. So for $133, I get a new phone, 2x the storage, and get all the new features. Sounds like a no-brainer to me!

Journeyman

LOL you could sell the phone on ebay and with that money pay nothing.The money they are giving you is less than what they sell for on the open markey sprint is not doing you any favors

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, it's actually a rebate, not a discount,  and you get whenever they send it to you. Plus you have to buy a new warranty if you want one (I get one for something I could drop tomorrow). So it ends up costing a lot more than appears. One reason I put it out there -- to see what comments it would generate.  I may still do the trade-in, the offer is good until November so I will let someone else take the first step.

Thanks!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat