cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 - I feel cheated

Journeyman

iPhone 5 - I feel cheated

I paid $200+ dollars for the iphone 5 not even 24 hours ago. Today I see it's $99. I feel like I've been cheated. Either I was charged incorrectly, and or no one told me it was going to be $100 less tomorrow or that the new one is free. I'm so angry about this. I want my $100 back. Sprint after everything you've put me through in the past you're lucky I even went with you again. Right now I'm regretting it.

5 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 5 - I feel cheated

Where did you purchase the phone? At a Sprint Store?  Also, was it an upgrade or a new line?  The price may differ depending on your status with Sprint.  But you can try to return it and repurchase it so you can get the discounted price since it has only been a day.

Wizard

PJM89,

Thanks for your post. the iPhone is 199.99 for current customers and new customers that do not come from another carrier. The iPhone 5 is 99.99 for those customers that port their number from one of our competitors.  The website has this pricing when you click on the device,  on the right it will say 'Bring your number savings -100.00' in the price subsidy discount calculation. We appreciate you being a part of the Sprint family and your continued loyalty.

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Shouldn't the iphone 5 price drop because of the 5S release next week? Or is Sprint saying both old and new models will be the same $199 price for customers who want to upgrade? That's an excellent way to push customers on to other providers when appropriate, isn't it?

Journeyman

PJM89 wrote:

I paid $200+ dollars for the iphone 5 not even 24 hours ago. Today I see it's $99. I feel like I've been cheated. Either I was charged incorrectly, and or no one told me it was going to be $100 less tomorrow or that the new one is free. I'm so angry about this. I want my $100 back. Sprint after everything you've put me through in the past you're lucky I even went with you again. Right now I'm regretting it.

PJM89

Walmart sells the iPhone 5 for $98, why would you buy it from Sprint Anyway?

Everyone else who bought the iPhone 4s when Sprint started offering iPhones:

I sold my wife and mine two Sprint iPhone 4s 16GB to buybackworld.com for $352

Bought two new white Sprint iPhone 5 16GB at Walmart for $206, including tax!

Bought two new Otterbox cases for $29 each, saving $20 each vs buying directly from OtterBox. Did the Walmart site-to-store and found them

locally between two different Walmart's and were able to get the two colors we wanted same day, no shipping cost either.

Bought new lightening wires for car chargers and extra house chargers at cellphoneshop.net for $20.

When everything was said and done I made +$30 even after paying Sprint's ridicules activation charges of $78. 

Of course you have to be eligible for upgrade.

Decided to do this vs. spending $400 two iPhones 5S's + $100 new cases + $78 activation speeds + $20 new wires = $600+ with taxes

Rather make $30 vs spend $600 and stay one phone behind the latest since they are giving it to me.

Wizard

daveg1959,

Apple has announced that the iPhone 5 will be discontinued. Until 9/20 the iPhone 5 is the latest iPhone model that is available and the price is $199.99 from Sprint at this time. We do partner with retailers who may offer it at a different price.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!