cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates! (UPDATE: How To Track Shipment Info On Original Post!)

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates! (UPDATE: How To Track Shipment Info On Original Post!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**UPDATE**: To TRACK your shipment if you HAVE NOT yet got it from Sprint, please follow these steps to track through UPS directly!

1) Go to UPS.com

2) Click on the "Tracking" tab

3) Click on "Track By Reference"

4) Input your Sprint account number (found on your monthly statement, or for new customers by chatting with a Sprint rep and asking for it) in the "Shipment Reference" field

5) Complete the "Destination Country" and "Destination Zip/Postal Code" fields

6) Click the "Track" button

OR

Sign up for UPS MyChoice (Click)  -   this service is simply AMAZING, after you sign up it will CROSS-REFERENCE all your future shipments to your new UPS MyChoice account and send you an email delivery notice, usually before the website you ordered from gets the tracking information! (As in this case, Sprint still hasn't sent it's emails out to some customers yet UPS MyChoice has supplied the shipment information to almost everyone!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering if Sprint can give us some updated information on shipping dates throughout the week as we all impatiently await our pre-ordered iPhones! What is the latest date we could have pre-ordered the iPhone 5 from Sprint.com and expect a 9/21 delivery date (For each capacity please)?

Also, even if the shipping times start to get delayed later in the week, that shouldn't affect customers that already pre-ordered before that (sooner), correct? For example, if the sprint website said I can expect a 9/21 delivery date WHEN I pre-ordered and has since gone up to a later date, that shouldn't affect my 9/21 delivery date because I ordered it earlier right? I couldn't imagine they would hold all the orders until they can fullfill them all at once, that would be insane! So I'm assuming, and hoping, they start shipping out pre-orders as they get the phones in and don't just hold everyone back. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated!

Apple & iPhone 4 Life  - - - - - Boooo Android!

Love,

Apple Fanboy - one of many 

Thanks for real for any helpful and useful responses,

Chris

1,499 REPLIES 1,499
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd be EXTREMELY surprised if anyone received their phone prior to the national release day.

Highlighted
Wizard

Hope you all enjoy your new iPhone 5!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just chatted w/ a rep that said they had no new info on the shipping of the device. I ordered Friday morning at around 7:15. 

When I check My orders on Sprint.com I see this

Product IDDescriptionQty.Order DateTracking #
885909600120IPHONE 5 BLACK 32GB12012-09-14
Status:The equipment has shipped and/or the activation is complete
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thats what I see on my order status page as well DCMillz85. I am just sitting tight. I will probably be more concerned if thats still what see on 9/21.

Highlighted
Journeyman

At least some people are seeing that it shipped in the status.  Mine is still this.  I keep refreshing it though hoping it will change.  I ordered mine around 6:15 AM EST Friday morning.

Product IDDescriptionQty.Order DateTracking #
885909600083IPHONE 5 BLACK 16GB12012-09-14
Status:Thank you for pre-ordering the 16G iPhone 5. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Pre-orders placed through 2 pm CT on 9/14 will arrive on or around 9/21. Orders placed after 2 pm CT on 9/14 will ship in 2 weeks. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder.
Highlighted
Journeyman

7:15 which time zone?  They still haven't shipped mines out yet 😞

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in Louisville, KY. Do you happen to know which wharehouse the iPhone 5's are shipping from? Because previously I have ordered phones and the Airave and they all came practically next day because the wharehouse was in Louisville. Another question, was it really a hard set 2:00 CT order time to get it by the 21st, because my order confirmation email came through at 3:04 ET (2:04 CT).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Last updated:   09/17/2012
Product ID DescriptionQty.Order Date Tracking #
IPHONE 5 BLACK 32GB12012-09-14 
Status:Thank you for pre-ordering the 32GB iPhone 5. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Pre-orders placed through 5 pm CT on 9/17 will arrive on or around 9/21. Orders placed after 5 pm CT on 9/17 will ship in 1 week. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder.

live in california, and i was told by a sprint rep that apple hasnt shipped the phones yet, that was this morning 7am pst.  but he still said that we would get the phones this friday by overnight ups. he said to check the order wednesday or thursday. not alot of confidence right now but hey how many of us preordered 2mill wow.

ps thank you all for your comments, together we will all get our phones someday.

Highlighted
Journeyman

that just sucks if I don't get mine because I ordered 20 minutes after that...I was going through with it, I just had to double check something for the plan. Plus it also sucks because when I purchased the pre-order, it said that it would ship by or around 9/21 and it said that on the e-mail confirmation. Then three hours later it shipment changes  everybody after 2:00PM CT. I was under the assumption that it would get to me by 9/21, if I had known when I was purchasing that its shipping would be pushed back I wouldn't have purchased and would've waited in line at the apple store.  So I assume that if my order says "backordered" it won't get to me for another two weeks. Damn!

Highlighted
Journeyman

First- Sprint does send phones overnight UPS. They sent tens of thousands of Galaxy S3's that way when stock finally arrived.

Second- I have never seen any contrary information changing the shipping time frame. If you ordered before 17:00 Central Time on the 17th then you should expect the phone to be shipped overnight for delivery the 21st. With the fiasco Sprint and other carriers went through with the Galaxay S3, I would expect this rollout to go fairly smooth. I would guess by late Thursday night or first thing Friday morning you will have an email with tracking number for the next day air shipment of the iPhone 5.

Finally, next day is just that, NEXT DAY and that does NOT mean before 11. It means next day during standard delievery hours. That is how they are able to control costs and send the phones overnight.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I hope to get mine on the 21st because I order it at 6pm on the 14th eastern time which means

I made the dead line of the 17th! But when I track my order I get that it's on back order? What's up

With that? I am ordering the white 32gb!

Highlighted
Journeyman

You guys want to hear something weird? Well like around 11PM ET time tonight I spoke to a rep on online chat and they told me that my 32GB Iphone 5 which I pre-ordered on the 14th has already shipped, but when I asked the rep for the tracking number they told me they do not have that info at this time, for me to check back in 24 hours and they may have a tracking number for me then. Also, when I go to the self check for tracking the phone there is no tracking number as well. hmmm, I don't know if they are just saying what I want to hear or if it is really true.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat