cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates! (UPDATE: How To Track Shipment Info On Original Post!)

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates! (UPDATE: How To Track Shipment Info On Original Post!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**UPDATE**: To TRACK your shipment if you HAVE NOT yet got it from Sprint, please follow these steps to track through UPS directly!

1) Go to UPS.com

2) Click on the "Tracking" tab

3) Click on "Track By Reference"

4) Input your Sprint account number (found on your monthly statement, or for new customers by chatting with a Sprint rep and asking for it) in the "Shipment Reference" field

5) Complete the "Destination Country" and "Destination Zip/Postal Code" fields

6) Click the "Track" button

OR

Sign up for UPS MyChoice (Click)  -   this service is simply AMAZING, after you sign up it will CROSS-REFERENCE all your future shipments to your new UPS MyChoice account and send you an email delivery notice, usually before the website you ordered from gets the tracking information! (As in this case, Sprint still hasn't sent it's emails out to some customers yet UPS MyChoice has supplied the shipment information to almost everyone!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering if Sprint can give us some updated information on shipping dates throughout the week as we all impatiently await our pre-ordered iPhones! What is the latest date we could have pre-ordered the iPhone 5 from Sprint.com and expect a 9/21 delivery date (For each capacity please)?

Also, even if the shipping times start to get delayed later in the week, that shouldn't affect customers that already pre-ordered before that (sooner), correct? For example, if the sprint website said I can expect a 9/21 delivery date WHEN I pre-ordered and has since gone up to a later date, that shouldn't affect my 9/21 delivery date because I ordered it earlier right? I couldn't imagine they would hold all the orders until they can fullfill them all at once, that would be insane! So I'm assuming, and hoping, they start shipping out pre-orders as they get the phones in and don't just hold everyone back. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated!

Apple & iPhone 4 Life  - - - - - Boooo Android!

Love,

Apple Fanboy - one of many 

Thanks for real for any helpful and useful responses,

Chris

1,499 REPLIES 1,499
Highlighted
Journeyman

ok so I ordered exactly at 2:10pm CST on the 14th and at that time it was still saying arriving on the 21st.  Even the confirmation email I got moments later stated the 21st. Do we believe the 2pm cutoff is a hard cutoff or could I be in the first group?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Jonmck - my status has says exactly that for several days... so I contacted Sprint to ask them what my tracking # is since my status said my order has already shipped out, but the sprint rep informed me that means it shipped from apple(China or wherever) to Sprints warehouse. She then proceeded to give me a DIFFERENT order number to refer to! So weird.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@johnmck how did u get to where u can check the status?

Highlighted
Journeyman

@lilpaul8136...sprint.com/myorder

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello chenowethgary, I’m not sure of what you are asking about, paying more for what? In short you have the balance due from the bill which has a due date listed for the mount on that invoice, you have the cost of the phone, you would be expected to pay the due balance listed on the invoice by the listed due date, and cost of phone with taxes when the phone is ordered, the next invoice will reflect the payment you made towards the phone, payment for previous invoice, then charge for new phone, and current invoice charges.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

I can't be certain if you are counted as part of the group that will receive the iPhone 5 on Friday. The only related information that I have received indicates that orders of the 16GB iPhone 5 placed after 14:00 CDT 9-14 will be shipped/delivered after the first batch (with possibility of delay) which is expected to be received on 9-21. 32GB & 64GB models the same, except no expected delays.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Therefore is it safe to assume if I dont get a tracking number by say 6 or 7pm est tomorrow I definitely will not receive it on Friday?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi All,

I have been following this thread for the last 24 hours and am really excited/anxious to get my first iphone!  To help distract everyone for a bit I thought I might ask what people are doing to get a case by Friday in order to protect your new baby?  From what I can tell most cases (e.g. Otterbox) aren't shipping until 9/19 or 9/20 - which would require you to get overnight shipping, assuming everything would arrive on Friday. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'll be using a leather slip-in case from my iPhone 4 for a short period of time. It has an extendable strap to hold it in place, allowing for the extra height.

I want to wait until there's more choice available to get a more long term solution. So far I haven't seen any that I like and won't be buying one for the sake of it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just discovered that Mail Innovations has a record of my order, but not all shipping information is available at this time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

im waiting until there are more cases for the new iphone im more into fashion cases than super protective cases.  they have some already on more-thing.com that are really cool looking

Highlighted
Journeyman

what did you use? your phone number or account number?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat