cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates! (UPDATE: How To Track Shipment Info On Original Post!)

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates! (UPDATE: How To Track Shipment Info On Original Post!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**UPDATE**: To TRACK your shipment if you HAVE NOT yet got it from Sprint, please follow these steps to track through UPS directly!

1) Go to UPS.com

2) Click on the "Tracking" tab

3) Click on "Track By Reference"

4) Input your Sprint account number (found on your monthly statement, or for new customers by chatting with a Sprint rep and asking for it) in the "Shipment Reference" field

5) Complete the "Destination Country" and "Destination Zip/Postal Code" fields

6) Click the "Track" button

OR

Sign up for UPS MyChoice (Click)  -   this service is simply AMAZING, after you sign up it will CROSS-REFERENCE all your future shipments to your new UPS MyChoice account and send you an email delivery notice, usually before the website you ordered from gets the tracking information! (As in this case, Sprint still hasn't sent it's emails out to some customers yet UPS MyChoice has supplied the shipment information to almost everyone!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering if Sprint can give us some updated information on shipping dates throughout the week as we all impatiently await our pre-ordered iPhones! What is the latest date we could have pre-ordered the iPhone 5 from Sprint.com and expect a 9/21 delivery date (For each capacity please)?

Also, even if the shipping times start to get delayed later in the week, that shouldn't affect customers that already pre-ordered before that (sooner), correct? For example, if the sprint website said I can expect a 9/21 delivery date WHEN I pre-ordered and has since gone up to a later date, that shouldn't affect my 9/21 delivery date because I ordered it earlier right? I couldn't imagine they would hold all the orders until they can fullfill them all at once, that would be insane! So I'm assuming, and hoping, they start shipping out pre-orders as they get the phones in and don't just hold everyone back. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated!

Apple & iPhone 4 Life  - - - - - Boooo Android!

Love,

Apple Fanboy - one of many 

Thanks for real for any helpful and useful responses,

Chris

1,499 REPLIES 1,499
Highlighted
Journeyman

i actually just got off the phone with sprint because i was calling to see if i could get the number to my new account and he told me that because i ordered so early 4am that it would deff get to me on the 21 plus he gave me the number to the phone...those that are able to get there numbers now already have a sprint accout because they activate it at the warehouse before shipping...new sprint users activate there phones by calling sprint when they get them....people with 32gb phones and up are more then likely to get there phones on the 21th even though they are on back order now mainly because the 16gb phones sold out 1st......

Highlighted
Journeyman

I spoke with the Sprint Customer Service Rep this morning and he stated that since I had my order placed before 2PM CT 9/14, that I should receive my 16GB iphone5 by launch day (Friday). I asked him why have I not recieved any tracking information and he stated that UPS will most likely pick them up today or tomorrow for delivery. I asked him are they doing next day shipping for the phones, and he answered "They must be to get the phones out for launch day".

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

If you were going to keep your old number I would have suggested starting the port in process before getting your new Iphone setup to avoid any complications.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

phone number without dashes

Highlighted
Journeyman

screenshots they may be, but it's not like they say 'this is an iPhone 5 delivery' anywhere. I'm not saying they're lying, but I am sceptical.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I dont know about the mail innovations thing. I did it last night and it worked on and off.

So today I decided to try something different. I put in my zip code, along with USA and put in 123456789 for referrence section. It still came back with a package without tracking. So I did again random referrence info and it came back with another package.

Can someone else try and see if they get a package regardless what info they put in the referrence section?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I preordered the iPhone 4S last year as soon as the sprint site allowed, it was scheduled to be released on October 14th.  I did not recieve a shipping notification until October 13th from UPS.  Here is the notice:

This notice alerts you that the shipment listed below is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Scheduled Delivery Date: Friday, 10/14/2011

If the scheduled delivery needs to be changed, select the Tracking Number below or log on to ups.com to request a delivery change from the tracking detail.

Shipment 1

Tracking Number: <removed>

Shipper: SPCS

Delivery Commitment: by End of Day

UPS Service: UPS 2nd Day Air

Im posting this to help relieve some concerns.If you ordered the iPhone 5 by 2pm on the 14th, I'm willing to bet money you will get a shipping notification tonight at midnight-ish and will recieve your phone on Friday.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've gotten nothing at all, any time I've tried any number.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got nothing when I try, but I got my new phone number since yesterday so I guess it just has not shiped out yet, but I have a high feeling that new customers getting a new number that already have the new number will get there phone on time its just now a wating game waiting for UPS

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thought I'd throw it out there as I asked about cases earlier.  I just received my shipment from monoprice.com.  2 cases, 6 screen protectors and 2-day shipping for $19.  Will be waiting for UPS on Friday...iphone 5 cases and screen covers.jpg

Highlighted
Journeyman

are these iphone 5 cases???nice

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, they definitely are - clearly taller in person than a 4S.  They seem sturdy enough, I will likely get something more substantial in the coming months, just want to be able to protect it ASAP.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat