cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates! (UPDATE: How To Track Shipment Info On Original Post!)

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates! (UPDATE: How To Track Shipment Info On Original Post!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**UPDATE**: To TRACK your shipment if you HAVE NOT yet got it from Sprint, please follow these steps to track through UPS directly!

1) Go to UPS.com

2) Click on the "Tracking" tab

3) Click on "Track By Reference"

4) Input your Sprint account number (found on your monthly statement, or for new customers by chatting with a Sprint rep and asking for it) in the "Shipment Reference" field

5) Complete the "Destination Country" and "Destination Zip/Postal Code" fields

6) Click the "Track" button

OR

Sign up for UPS MyChoice (Click)  -   this service is simply AMAZING, after you sign up it will CROSS-REFERENCE all your future shipments to your new UPS MyChoice account and send you an email delivery notice, usually before the website you ordered from gets the tracking information! (As in this case, Sprint still hasn't sent it's emails out to some customers yet UPS MyChoice has supplied the shipment information to almost everyone!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering if Sprint can give us some updated information on shipping dates throughout the week as we all impatiently await our pre-ordered iPhones! What is the latest date we could have pre-ordered the iPhone 5 from Sprint.com and expect a 9/21 delivery date (For each capacity please)?

Also, even if the shipping times start to get delayed later in the week, that shouldn't affect customers that already pre-ordered before that (sooner), correct? For example, if the sprint website said I can expect a 9/21 delivery date WHEN I pre-ordered and has since gone up to a later date, that shouldn't affect my 9/21 delivery date because I ordered it earlier right? I couldn't imagine they would hold all the orders until they can fullfill them all at once, that would be insane! So I'm assuming, and hoping, they start shipping out pre-orders as they get the phones in and don't just hold everyone back. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated!

Apple & iPhone 4 Life  - - - - - Boooo Android!

Love,

Apple Fanboy - one of many 

Thanks for real for any helpful and useful responses,

Chris

1,499 REPLIES 1,499
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you so much JAJAJ, I was able to get a tracking number from UPS. Everyone who has NOT received their tracking number, follow the below steps and you will be happy with the results! (Does the Happy Dance)

Re: iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates!  

For everyone waiting for n e-mail from Sprint with a tracking # (like me), do this:

1) Go to ups.com

2) Click on "More Options" under the Recently Tracked box

3) Click on "Track by Reference"

4) Ensure that "Shipment Type" is set to "Package"  (Should be the default)

5) Enter your Sprint account number in the "Shipment Reference" box (your account number is displayed on your last monthly statement)

6) Select your destination country and enter your Zip/Postal Code

7) Select the "Track" button

If your order is in the shipment process, you'll get the status.  My shipment status has a UPS tracking number and says "Order Processed. ready for UPS."  Delivery is scheduled for Sept 21 by end of day.  I still have not received an e-mail from Sprint with the tracking number, nor does the Sprint Order Status page show a tracking number for my order. Apparently though, my shipment will be on its way this evening. Good luck to all.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No update from Sprint, but my account number through UPS says tomorrow. Can't wait.

Highlighted
Journeyman

They are on the move!

ups.jpg

Highlighted
Journeyman

i pre ordered my iphone 5 saturday 9/15 around 8pm... i still havent recieved any tracking info. Anyone have any suggestions?

Highlighted
Journeyman

LocationDateLocal TimeActivity
Louisville, KY, United States09/20/20129:41 A.M.Origin Scan
United States09/20/20123:48 P.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS

2.70 lbs.  3 32gb phones...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Checking UPS worked for me as well. I still havent received my tracking number from Sprint but it is available on UPS using my Sprint acct number. Delivery tomorrow. Ordered a 16gb in black at around 9am EST on 9/14. I had little confidence in Sprint but it looks like it might work out in the end.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As we've said before. Go to UPS.com > More Options under Track > Track by Reference and use your sprint account number.

Highlighted
Journeyman

To help prepare for the new iPhone 5's to be delivered to everyone tomorrow, take a few extra care tips so your new phone can feel right at home when you get it!

1) Have you ordered that precious jewl a CASE yet?!

2) Have you updated your iTunes to the latest version?

3) Have you ORGANIZED your iTunes library (added any missing info, artwork, ratings, playlists, etc.) ?

4) Have you UPDATED all your apps (yes, you could do this after you get your phone, better idea performance wise to do it before on your computer though!) ?

5) How about your computer, have you done some simple cleaning / tune ups to give it that extra boost for tomorrow?

6) Do you have that USB port we call the "don't plug that in there, that's for my iPhone Lightning cable...get your damn Android cable out of there now" port reserved and ready to go for your iPhone?  LOLLllzzzz

7) Have you baked any fresh goods for your UPS delivery driver yet? (They are going to have an exhausting day tomorrow, the man (or women) in brown deserves a little love considering what they bring to you throughout the year!)

Anyone else feel free to add in any last minute things we can do to help make our new iPhones feel welcome tomorrow!

Highlighted
Journeyman

how do you check ups ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I ordered mine at 1:58pm PST on the 14th, almost 1 hour after the cut off and I went to UPS Tracking, typed in my account number not my order number and I received tracking for my white 16gb Iphone 5.  Origin scan 9:37AM.

Highlighted
Journeyman

what do i do when i go to the ups website??

Highlighted
Journeyman

I see most have .90 lbs on theirs, so I am wondering why mine would show 3lbs.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat