cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates! (UPDATE: How To Track Shipment Info On Original Post!)

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates! (UPDATE: How To Track Shipment Info On Original Post!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**UPDATE**: To TRACK your shipment if you HAVE NOT yet got it from Sprint, please follow these steps to track through UPS directly!

1) Go to UPS.com

2) Click on the "Tracking" tab

3) Click on "Track By Reference"

4) Input your Sprint account number (found on your monthly statement, or for new customers by chatting with a Sprint rep and asking for it) in the "Shipment Reference" field

5) Complete the "Destination Country" and "Destination Zip/Postal Code" fields

6) Click the "Track" button

OR

Sign up for UPS MyChoice (Click)  -   this service is simply AMAZING, after you sign up it will CROSS-REFERENCE all your future shipments to your new UPS MyChoice account and send you an email delivery notice, usually before the website you ordered from gets the tracking information! (As in this case, Sprint still hasn't sent it's emails out to some customers yet UPS MyChoice has supplied the shipment information to almost everyone!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering if Sprint can give us some updated information on shipping dates throughout the week as we all impatiently await our pre-ordered iPhones! What is the latest date we could have pre-ordered the iPhone 5 from Sprint.com and expect a 9/21 delivery date (For each capacity please)?

Also, even if the shipping times start to get delayed later in the week, that shouldn't affect customers that already pre-ordered before that (sooner), correct? For example, if the sprint website said I can expect a 9/21 delivery date WHEN I pre-ordered and has since gone up to a later date, that shouldn't affect my 9/21 delivery date because I ordered it earlier right? I couldn't imagine they would hold all the orders until they can fullfill them all at once, that would be insane! So I'm assuming, and hoping, they start shipping out pre-orders as they get the phones in and don't just hold everyone back. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated!

Apple & iPhone 4 Life  - - - - - Boooo Android!

Love,

Apple Fanboy - one of many 

Thanks for real for any helpful and useful responses,

Chris

1,499 REPLIES 1,499
Highlighted
Journeyman

Lol great point...my excitement is just for a new phone in general.  Actually switching from android to iPhone but I have an iPad already so other than the iPhone actually functioning as a phone it's not going to be much different for me.  Plus this gives Sprint time to (hopefully) work out their issues while I wait and continue on with my Evo for a little while.

Highlighted
Journeyman

We ordered two 16gb black at 8am cst. We haven't received tracking information or our phones. We have since been promised tracking numbers on Monday and our phones Wednesday. It is very anti-climatic since I won't even be home. Oh well, it is what it is and my evo has to last a few more days. Wish it wasn't this way but I can't change it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes i did try to check UPS and nothing and i was one of the first to order this is some B*LLSH*T!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

My tracking # wasn't available until after it had shipped.  I pre-ordered mine on 9/14 before the cut off.  My phone shipped on Thursday and was delivered on Friday.  UPS scanned my package at the point of origin at 3:56 pm. on Thursday.  However, even at 8 PM that night, Sprint was unable to give me a tracking #.  Though they assured me my phone would be delivered on Friday, 9/21.

Tampa, FL, United States09/21/20123:04 P.M.Delivered

09/21/20126:24 A.M.Out For Delivery

09/21/201212:16 A.M.Arrival Scan
Orlando, FL, United States09/20/201210:59 P.M.Departure Scan

09/20/20127:20 P.M.Arrival Scan

09/20/20126:32 P.M.Departure Scan

09/20/20126:17 P.M.Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States09/20/20124:12 P.M.Departure Scan

09/20/201210:01 A.M.Origin Scan
United States09/20/20123:56 P.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just called Sprint and spent about 45 minutes on the line, but I got what I wanted. The rep told me that my phone would be here on Wednesday, with a tracking number on Monday. I also got $15 in credit out of them. Might wanna try that if you know you ordered before the two week shipping deadline but haven't received a tracking number or a phone yet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@rp747, if you dont mind me asking, when did you order your phone? I ordered mine on the 18th and I recieved an updated order status today saying that orders placed before 5 pm on by the 20th would ship in 1 week from the order date...however I just called Sprint and a Rep stated that it can take up to 3 weeks from the 21st.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I originally ordered my 32 gb around 12 AM on the 15th, but apparently my phone was in a batch of orders that had some error and were cancelled and reordered by Sprint on the 18th. The rep I spoke told me to expect delivery on October 2nd, but after I asked to speak to his supervisor, he became aware of the error and told me that I should expect delivery on Wednesday. You may want to call back and ask to speak to a supervisor, because it seems that there are a whole lot of clueless reps answering calls this week.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone know the return policy on a presale order. SAMs club in my area has plenty of these in stock ... At this point I'm so tired of begging sprint to give me a date to expect the shipment... And this guessing game and trying to figure out how they are choosing to ship orders is driving me bananas.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree with the above.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If it has not shipped yet, you need to call them and contact Order Support. If it has shipped, you will need to wait for it to arrive and then get a return kit from Sprint and have it shipped back.

Highlighted
Journeyman

has anyone still not recieved a tracking number cause i havent and im still getting the please look out for the shipping information email? any advice very impaitent.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I still haven't received tracking info either.  I still have the message that says "your device has been activated and/ or shipped".  I called Sprint and they said my phone is in the warehouse, and is waiting to be assigned a tracking #.  I was told this a while ago, so I'm not sure when their going to give me a tracking #.  

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat