cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates! (UPDATE: How To Track Shipment Info On Original Post!)

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates! (UPDATE: How To Track Shipment Info On Original Post!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**UPDATE**: To TRACK your shipment if you HAVE NOT yet got it from Sprint, please follow these steps to track through UPS directly!

1) Go to UPS.com

2) Click on the "Tracking" tab

3) Click on "Track By Reference"

4) Input your Sprint account number (found on your monthly statement, or for new customers by chatting with a Sprint rep and asking for it) in the "Shipment Reference" field

5) Complete the "Destination Country" and "Destination Zip/Postal Code" fields

6) Click the "Track" button

OR

Sign up for UPS MyChoice (Click)  -   this service is simply AMAZING, after you sign up it will CROSS-REFERENCE all your future shipments to your new UPS MyChoice account and send you an email delivery notice, usually before the website you ordered from gets the tracking information! (As in this case, Sprint still hasn't sent it's emails out to some customers yet UPS MyChoice has supplied the shipment information to almost everyone!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering if Sprint can give us some updated information on shipping dates throughout the week as we all impatiently await our pre-ordered iPhones! What is the latest date we could have pre-ordered the iPhone 5 from Sprint.com and expect a 9/21 delivery date (For each capacity please)?

Also, even if the shipping times start to get delayed later in the week, that shouldn't affect customers that already pre-ordered before that (sooner), correct? For example, if the sprint website said I can expect a 9/21 delivery date WHEN I pre-ordered and has since gone up to a later date, that shouldn't affect my 9/21 delivery date because I ordered it earlier right? I couldn't imagine they would hold all the orders until they can fullfill them all at once, that would be insane! So I'm assuming, and hoping, they start shipping out pre-orders as they get the phones in and don't just hold everyone back. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated!

Apple & iPhone 4 Life  - - - - - Boooo Android!

Love,

Apple Fanboy - one of many 

Thanks for real for any helpful and useful responses,

Chris

1,499 REPLIES 1,499
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got off the phone with Sprint and they said since it's been two weeks since I ordered it, I should be getting the tracking # today and that I'll get the phones sometime this week. So it was basically "we don't know any details, you'll probably get your phone this week." Totally annoying and pretty much a non-answer. I guess the waiting game continues...

Highlighted
Journeyman

How does it make you feel when you pre-order before the phone is released, only to be one of the last to actually get it. They will probably announce the iPhone 6 before you get one in your hands!  The fun part is you cant cancel the order, choose a different phone, ANYTHING untill your iPhone actually ships.

As for me, I dont care about the delay so much as the way they are handling it. The fact they wont allow cancellations or choosing a different phone is crap however. It's pretty shady they can just hold you and your money hostage for an unknown amount of time like that. Since Apple has it's hand in that debacle as well, when mine ships, it's getting refused and I will get an S3. I'm done with them. IOS devices were great when they came out, but with android caught up and even exceeding in some ways, I will in fact 'think different' and go with what 'it just works' for me and leave Apple with the iSheep. I have no loyalty in this game.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got my phone 😉 good luck all of you

Highlighted
Journeyman

update.  i got an email from sprint.  not what i expected though.

Thanks again for pre-ordering the iPhone® 5 from Sprint.

Your iPhone 5 order has changed. Your order is being processed and we are working to get it to you as soon as possible. You will receive a shipping confirmation email in the next few days when your order ships.

Due to higher than normal call volumes, please do not call Customer Care. The fastest and easiest way to view the status of your order is to visit sprint.com/myorder and enter your order number.

Thank you for your patience.

simply unreal!

and so it gets worse....

Highlighted
Journeyman

same here im pissed

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got the same email as well. I'm speechless. And really pissed off. I never thought it could get any worse...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh my god! I got the same email! I'm pissed. Hey Sprint how about sending the phones out in the order that they were placed and not send a phone to somebody that placed their order on the 29th and leave the people who actually ordered it before the release date waiting forever! UGH! They need to at least refund our ridiculous activation fees. I know that Apple has a shortage but the way that Sprint is handling the situation is complete BS!

Highlighted
Journeyman

@JENFERRAR  I am in the same boat here.  Got the same BS email.  Ordered mine early morning on September 17th.  Other users ordered on the 22 or 25th and they are getting their phones already.  F U sprint I am going to see if I can cancel and port over to Verizon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got that same message from Sprint today at 6:19 then at 6:34 I received the shipping confirmation so it definitely didn't take 3 to 5 days.

Highlighted
Journeyman

you must have been a lucky one nickkkk because i recieved that same email at 5:00 pm today and it is now 7:30pm 😕 i ordered 2 blk 16gb's on 9/17 around 3pm

Highlighted
Journeyman

Guys, an option is to check your local stores (Best buy, sprint, walmart, target...) to see if they have stock, reserve and then call to cancel your order with sprint. If you are upgradig, your upgrade eligibility will switch back immediately but your refund takes 7-10 business days. I had preordered on the 17th and got tired of waiting so that's what I did and now I have my phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

wtfeveridc

Thats what I tried to do on Saturday then I was told that the computer system was down and to call back in 24 hours.  I called back on Suday, and they told me it was to late in the process for me to cancelle since they were about to ship my device.

My device has still not shipped....    I ordered iphone 16 gb black on the 17th...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat