Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates! (UPDATE: How To Track Shipment Info On Original Post!)

Journeyman

iPhone 5 Pre-Order Shipping Estimates! (UPDATE: How To Track Shipment Info On Original Post!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**UPDATE**: To TRACK your shipment if you HAVE NOT yet got it from Sprint, please follow these steps to track through UPS directly!

1) Go to UPS.com

2) Click on the "Tracking" tab

3) Click on "Track By Reference"

4) Input your Sprint account number (found on your monthly statement, or for new customers by chatting with a Sprint rep and asking for it) in the "Shipment Reference" field

5) Complete the "Destination Country" and "Destination Zip/Postal Code" fields

6) Click the "Track" button

OR

Sign up for UPS MyChoice (Click)  -   this service is simply AMAZING, after you sign up it will CROSS-REFERENCE all your future shipments to your new UPS MyChoice account and send you an email delivery notice, usually before the website you ordered from gets the tracking information! (As in this case, Sprint still hasn't sent it's emails out to some customers yet UPS MyChoice has supplied the shipment information to almost everyone!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering if Sprint can give us some updated information on shipping dates throughout the week as we all impatiently await our pre-ordered iPhones! What is the latest date we could have pre-ordered the iPhone 5 from Sprint.com and expect a 9/21 delivery date (For each capacity please)?

Also, even if the shipping times start to get delayed later in the week, that shouldn't affect customers that already pre-ordered before that (sooner), correct? For example, if the sprint website said I can expect a 9/21 delivery date WHEN I pre-ordered and has since gone up to a later date, that shouldn't affect my 9/21 delivery date because I ordered it earlier right? I couldn't imagine they would hold all the orders until they can fullfill them all at once, that would be insane! So I'm assuming, and hoping, they start shipping out pre-orders as they get the phones in and don't just hold everyone back. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated!

Apple & iPhone 4 Life  - - - - - Boooo Android!

Love,

Apple Fanboy - one of many 

Thanks for real for any helpful and useful responses,

Chris

1,499 REPLIES 1,499
Wizard

If you pre-ordered before 2PM CST on 9/14, they will ship 2-5 business days before the 21st for delivery.

Journeyman

Yes, I was told just this afternoon that people will start recieveing them tomorrow!

Journeyman

has your shipping status changed yet. mine still states the following. The order was place around 10:30 am Friday 09/14/12

Product ID DescriptionQty.Order Date Tracking #
IPHONE 5 WHITE 16GB12012-09-14
Status:Thank you for pre-ordering the 16G iPhone 5. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Pre-orders placed through 2 pm CT on 9/14 will arrive on or around 9/21. Orders placed after 2 pm CT on 9/14 will ship in 2 weeks. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder.
Journeyman

Where did you hear this??? Can anyone confirm???

Journeyman

I spoke to a sales customer service rep today and he said he had just gotten the info about delivery.  That i shoudl expect it between the 18th and the 21st.

Journeyman

Oh 4 day gap then, ok

Journeyman

I think the rep just said what you wanted to hear. Unless there is a tracking number indicating early ship date  or someone already has an iPhone in their hands I dont think it will arrive earlier than the 21st.

Journeyman

Just got this from chatting with a rep. JENNYHOOK is correct

thank you for pre-ordering the iPhone 5 16GB device.  Since your pre-ordered your device prior to 2:00 P.M. Central Standard Time on September 14th 2012, you can expect to receive your order on or slightly before the national launch date of September 21st 2012.

Journeyman

Hopefully Sprint Rep isnt lying!

Journeyman

Would they be shipping via 2 day service?  If it's shipping via UPS ground, how many of us will get it w/in a few days?  no tracking number = not shipped yet.  Monday is already slipping away.

Journeyman

Well lets hope its correct and Sprint pre-orders start receiving before the 21st. That would definitely show people that Sprint is the better carrier over ATT and Verizon

Journeyman

I sure hope so. That would be awesome.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat