cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 Pre-Order w/ Deposit?

Highlighted

iPhone 5 Pre-Order w/ Deposit?

Hello everyone I hope someone can answer my question, so basically I just heard of the iPhone 5 and decided I'm going with Sprint (Switching from AT&T with a 3GS), so I called Sprint to see if I can get approved and l got approved for 2 lines with $250 deposit each with $150 spending limit. Which is pretty good to me because I planned on buying it off contract for $649.99 + tax (almost $700) and so in this case I save almost $250 plus I get unlimted data!!

So my question is I want to go to a Sprint Store to pickup my iPhone next Friday, but I wanted to see if I can open a account without a phone so I just pay the $250 deposit, Pre order my iPhone, then just pay the $199.99 on Friday so I don't have to deal with opening a new account or something going wrong.

So my questions are, Is it possible to open a account without a phone and pay the $250 deposit? Or What I was thinking was buying a free phone at the store and then exchange it on Friday. And one final question, will the iPhone be avliable for Pre order to pick up at a store.

Or is there a special process of Pre Ordering a iPhone when a deposit is required, when a new customer?

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 5 Pre-Order w/ Deposit?

First, you need to get a phone or any device when you open an account. So best bet is to open it with a free phone and since iPhone 5 comes out next week, you'll be able to return it for iPhone 5 plus pay the $199 plus tax. Second, I know last year they let you pre-order then pick up at the store. I wasn't one of the people who pre-ordered but when I went to the store they asked if I pre-ordered or not.

Open account before Friday and just go to the store when it's released. Depending on where you are located, there might not be a line or long wait.

Journeyman

If you pre-order, the account will be setup but will not be active until you receive the phone, technically on the 21st.  Then you will follow a few prompts to activate the phone yourself.  When you pre-order, you will get the option of buying it with 2yr contract or without paying full price.  You will also have the option to transfer your current number wich will not kick in until you receive the phone.  You will have to pay now for activation fees, phone and taxes but not for service until you activate.

Journeyman

1st iphone unboxing....just passing time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9YY-QBb7kU

Journeyman

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat