cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5- SMS/MMS/Text Issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 5- SMS/MMS/Text Issue

Experiencing an issue on my iPhone 5 where I can recieve text messages but I can't reply or send a message. They all indicate "Not Delivered". I'm recieveing messages but they come at least a half hour to an hour later. HELP NOW please!

Tags (6)
10 REPLIES 10
Wizard

Re: iPhone 5- SMS/MMS/Text Issue

AVW1981,

Allow me to check in to that for you. May I please have your zip and cross streets? How long has this been persisting?

Sean L

Social Care

Journeyman

The problem started this morning around 8:30 on my way to work. Its really bad now at home.

Work info: 30084 (Northlake Parkway and Lavista Road)

Home: 30039 (Lee Road and Telida Trail)

Journeyman

Update: the issue may be with AirWave. I unplugged it in my house and a text message went through. Nevertheless, could you look into the issue so that I can continue to use the airwave?

I also just got to work and i'm having the same issues today...

Wizard

AVW1981,

Thanks for the information. I looked into those zip codes for you and this is what I found:

30084-4G LTE,EVDO Connection, Single Cell Site

- If your Airave is routing service through the down tower that could be a reason for the delay in text.

30039 - No recent outages found.

- There was an outage for text last evening but that seems to have been taken care of.

Is this happening at your work as well?

Sean L

Social Care

Journeyman

Still having the same issues at the same locations and everywhere in between! Now getting calls and text messages up to 24 hours late! What's going on???

Journeyman

Im having the same issue, just bought my iphone5 last night and while im at home contected to the airwave(signal booster) i cant text or call my wife(evo 4g) but i can text other iphone users. everywhere else i can text people, at home seems to be the only problem. tried the ##85732# or whatever too. no fix.also did a reset and no fix.PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Journeyman

I just got an iPhone 5s last week.  Already having this same problem.

Master

Hello and good evening! I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same issue with texts. To assess the local network, please provide your zip code and nearest set of cross streets. This will allow me to pinpoint your location and check for any outages as well as the progress of network enhancements in the area. In the meantime, let’s reset the network settings and update the data profile. Please let me know if you need assistance in doing either of those. I look forward to hearing back from you and getting you some answers.

Regards,

*Audrey

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I am having the same issue in Maryland. Also when I do get a text i get it 5 times.  However my issue is not consistant and just with a few of my contacts. I also use a airrave.  This just started a week ago. My zip is 21666 and crossroads are Larch PL and Love PT.  I have now recieved one text from this morning 7 times.  but I am unable to send that person one back.

Master

CCYPHERT,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I understand the frustration. I don't see any reports of an issue in the location you provided. Have you tried resetting the Airave? Hold the reset button down for 5 seconds and then release. Keep us posted.

- Marie
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat