cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5...WORST NIGHTMARE

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 5...WORST NIGHTMARE

I have not been able to use my equipment (phone will not ring/speaker fundtion does not work.)  I have been to store, done as I was instructed re: restore phone.  Problems are worse, now I get no data, calls, texts.

Ironiclaly, this is a ell documented set of iPhone and Sprint issues an not one rep is educated to help/

I have called more than 20 times, no resolve.  Phone is garbage, Sprint is full of bs excuses and no follow up.

I plan to file a product liability suit this week naming Sprint and Apple.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have two different iPhone 5's on my account, I have no problems with them whatsoever, I have friends that have iPhone 5's on Sprint, and they have to problem whatsoever, and it looks like you've only been a member since the 9th, so I'm going to assume that that's when you bought the phone, so, go back to the Sprint store and ask them to give you another iPhone 5 or an Android, and if you still have the same problem, then maybe there is an outage in your area.

Highlighted
Wizard

CBV1974

Sorry about the delay in responding. We're still here for you. Since posting, has the issue persisted with your iPhone 5? Please share details. Thanks.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Wizard

alberto122509

Thanks for your assistance in the Community. We appreciate the valuable information you have shared. Keep it up!

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you follow through with that suit, contact me as I'd like to join it.  There's no excuse for the miserable quality of service I get from my iPhone 5, and I'm in Baltimore city, which is supposed to be a premier location for LTE coverage.

Highlighted
Wizard

Ja_son

We'd like to get more information about your issue, so we can help. What exactly are you experiencing with your service? Please share details. Also, what are your closest cross streets and zip? We'll survey the towers in your area with the info you provide to us. Thanks in advance.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ruth,

     Thank you for your concern.  I am an Apple person, with all my mobile and home equipment utilizing Apple's products and thus their proprietary operating systems, so getting an Android phone would throw off my whole personal network.  Ever since I activated my iPhone 5 on 7/15/13, my cellular data service has been abysmal, and the voice service isn't much better.  I seek out and utilize WiFi where I can, but my problems are not with that.  Problems with voice service: at my home, I rarely rate higher than one bar of reception, sometimes two.  Calls are dropped in certain areas of the house, so I have to move around for the best reception - I thought that particularly irritating problem was solved years ago, and indeed when I had Verizon it was.  Outside, my voice service is good regardless of location, but in certain buildings I encounter the same problems.  Again, while with Verizon I never did, not even once in the seven years I was with them (that's not an exaggeration).  But my major issue is with the cellular data.  No matter where I am, I am in 3G roughly 75% of the time.  I never connect to WiMax, if that's still in service.  The other 25% of the time when I am in LTE, the strength and reliability of the connection falters *frequently* and if I initiate a download, more than half the time I'll have to reset the connection and restart the download to complete it.  While in 3G mode, if I do happen to come into a sector that has a good LTE service, the iPhone will not pick up on it by itself, rather I must go into settings, disable LTE, wait ten or so seconds, and re-enable it, whereupon the connection will be made.  I find myself having to do a multitude of little tricks like that just to get service that is still unacceptable.  Oh, and in 3G mode, though the connection is more steady, the speed itself fluctuates wildly from one minute to the next, and sometimes the program running won't even recognize that there even is an internet connection. I have called Sprint's program number, many many times, and that seems to help little, if at all.  Any assistance you can offer would be more than appreciated.  Please email at JSzech@comcast.net

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

I need info on how to follow this as well.. Can you keep us up to date on that. I would like to know how to break my contract and go with another carrier.. thanks

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat