cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 battery

Journeyman

iPhone 5 battery

Am I the only one having this problem or what? The battery life on my 16gb iPhone 5 is horrible! I upgraded from the iPhone 4 and there is a major difference I have noticed in battery life between the 2. I dont use my iPhone 5 anymore than I used my 4. I've turned the screen brightness down, turned off wi-fi and turned off location services for apps I dont really use. I was able to use my 4 for the entire day and have about 45% left when I would plug it in at night. Now with the 5 I'm having to plug it in at lunch time because its at less than 40%. It seems like i'am constantly charging my new iPhone 5. I noticed the other day that it went from full 99% to 90% in less than 10 minutes. During that 10 minutes, I was streaming music from Pandora and sending a few tweets. My room mate has the same model iPhone 5 as I do and his battery life is excellent! He can go up to 2-3 days before he needs to plug his in. Maybe I just got a defective iPhone 5 model/battery but before I take it in to the Apple store I was just curious to see if anyone else is having the same problem.

Tags (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 5 battery

Do you have the LTE  switched off? I believe the problem with the battery has to do with the phone spending a lot of energy trying to look for cellphone tower signal. When you are in a new place try refreshig the network by turning airlplane on and off so that your iphone connects to the nearest tower. Hope it helps.

Wizard

adthunder42,

In addition to following the steps that LXLELPAGTRONLCL sent, I would also recommend having your device diagnosed at an Apple store.  It's possible you may be experiencing a hardware issue.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B
Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

Thanks for the response....I ended up taking my iPhone 5 into the local apple store. They diagnosed my phone with a hardware issue indeed. I was still covered under warranty and had my iPhone 5 replaced right there in the store.

Wizard

adthunder42,

That's excellent news.  I'm glad to hear everything's back up and running for you.  Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat