cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 data not working.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 5 data not working.

Had the same issue happen to me today, tried ##UPDATE# several times and update failed. The only way I got it to start working was to do ##UPDATE# while connected to a WIFI. Update completed and upon testing data connectivity over 3G it worked properly. Hope it helps you connect as well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

UPDATE DIDNT HELP!!! why did i join SPRINT!!! ughhh after i knew how terrible they used to be... everyone i know that has the iphone 5 dont have sprint... it all works fine... its sprints cheap ass... and the cheap service they provide... your better off with T-Mobile is much faster and better network... sprint has to be far the worst company ever... im shocked that this company is still up and running...

Highlighted
Journeyman

it is a phone issue other phones are working fine except new activations.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can you let us know what PRL is your phone running.

I trying to find out what the exact problem is.

You can find it by going to Settings-General-About- Click on Carrier until it shows PRL

I have 55006 and is not working.

Everybody please help by providing the PRL they are running.

Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

i have 55006, and it is working, but slower than dial up speeds; so, is it really working???    that ain't working to me!  although, when i hit 3G at work, it works better than 3G at home.  that's why i think it's the junk coverage and not the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

PRL 55006

Concur w/holyhalfdead about spotty coverage! Works faster in some areas of city then others. Also, city infrastructure (Sprint) has a lot to do with speed!

Another thing to consider is the influx of iPhone 5s introduced to the Spint network. It's been my experience that they are behind the curve in catching up to the other providers in my region. Shoot, we still don't have regular 4G let alone LTE!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have 55006 and is not working, this phone is being returned tomorrrow!

Highlighted
Patron

I have PRL, 55006, and experiencing the same issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I dont think it's an iPhone issue. I think there is some kind of outage affecting a portion of Sprint customers. I have an SII in Tampa, FL and haven't been able to use my phone without wifi all day. Wife is experiencing the same problem.

Issue is trending on Twitter in parts of FL, TX and HI.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is ridiculous I purchase an iPhone 5 to receive better service, I should've stayed with my 4s because I'm having major issues with my phone in NYC. I can't even get a result from speed test that's how bad it is. Something has to happen sprint we counting on you. Don't disappoint us.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm on 55006 in Chicago and service got better after I updated the prl this morning.  Try to update it and see if service gets better!

Journeyman

I am also on 55006 in San Francisco, CA.  How to I update the PRL on the iPhone 5?

James

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat