cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 data not working.

Journeyman

Re: iPhone 5 data not working.

Are you trying to drop out of your contract?  Have you been successful with doing this?  I would like to know your steps so that I too can do this.  I'm a mechanical engineer so this electrical stuff is confusing but what you say makes perfect sense to me. 

Journeyman

I received a call from a Sprint representative this week about my call to the BBB and FCC.  She researched the message boards and called me back yesterday.  I was asked to run a speed test on my phone first before an Apple Technician would do anything.  Clearly there is something wrong on both ends with the phone and data service provided by Sprint.  I am getting 0.07Mbps on downloading speed and 0.23 Mbps on upload speed.  I did a comparison on my WiFi at the house and I am getting 2.48Mbps on download and 1.42 Mbps on Upload.  The representative admitted that there is a problem with Sprint 3G when there is not LTE enabled in the area.  Now if we could just start getting credits on our bills that would be great.  This representative seems to be willing to help so I will inform everyone what I hear in relation to this problem. 

Journeyman

I am having the same f*** problem on both my new phones...Galaxy Note 2 and iPhone 5. I came to these forums for answers and all I can see is the same complain. I also wonder WHY ARE WE PAYING $10 EXTRA a month when I can only use data while on wifi. This really sucks and I am disappointed. The only reason I don't change carrier is because I don't want to go through that headache and I am hoping Sprint can do something about this....

one more thing...I read on the back of the Galaxy Note 2 box that my phones will not connect to iDEN or 4G WiMax antennas....since that's all sprint has around NYC (never got LTE, poor 3G, lots of phone call drops, most text messages fails to send)

A rep told me that to remedy this they purchased more LTE antennas (I guess from US Cellular) and they are working hard to give us the best service. I am hoping...hoping...hoping *-(

Journeyman

I'm in the same boat, been with Sprint for 10 years and this is just completely unacceptable. I was in Philadelphia, Baltimore, and DC this week and the only way I was able to get any reliable data was connecting my iPhone upto a tmobile hotspot (that I had to purchase specifically because the sprint data is useless on iphone).

I'll be in Virginia for two weeks so I am going to test leaving 3g on down here to see if I have the same issue as when I am in the North East. I only really notice the data issue when I am up north for work but that may be because when I am home I use wifi. If I don't have issues in rural VA then it would seem as though the Sprint network is just too bogged down in the metro areas. I hate to cancel but it seems like a switch to Verizon is immenient for me.

Journeyman

I have done god knows how many rests, 30 min wait to reset, activation. Policy confirmed activated by Apple.

As an electrical enginner, I can say that the problem is sprint network is just too slow to work with the iphone 5.

Looks like if the network connection is too weak or too crappy, or basically just sucks, iphone will drop the 3G. This basically means most of the uS, the iphone on Sprint just doesn't work.

Apple designed the iphone to work with a robust advance network and Sprint is not even closed and it won't admit it.

There is no fix for this other than Sprint significantly improving their network....

sprint represents, care to admit to this?.? At least give us some honesty for lying to us and stealing

At this point, I am done with Sprint after more than 10 years...no more lies

photo.png

Highlighted
Wizard

I see where you are coming from, we have had a lot of success with the workarounds and software updates.

Journeyman

no problem. I really do appreciate all your help (along with the other folks in this forum). Its just really hard to understand why so many people are having issues and why Sprint corporate wont acknowledge the issues.

Wizard

SHORTY4444,

I am sorry that you have not received a response from me, I have been off work for my normal scheduled days off. I am responding to your messages now.

Journeyman

Of course you aren't.  I'm surprised I haven't been blocked from replying to these threads! 

www.FCC.gov/complaints

My friend said someone in DC will be able to help all of us customers that are experiencing this issue and still paying for that "premium" data. 

Journeyman

can you please post the link where you filed your compaints?

Im no longer getting replys from the Sprint Associates who were helping me online