cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 data not working.

Re: iPhone 5 data not working.

KY: Completed restore here as well, ran the test and came up with the "incredible" results of 0.06 Mbps down, 0.01 Mbps up, with a ping in the 700s.  Followed your instructions to the letter.  Now what?  Oh, I'm in 33325, and the tower we use is on SR 84 in Davie/Plantation.  Cross street of Broward Blvd. and Flamingo Road.

(Because I'm sure it's the tower)

No love to Sprint, but ky, thank you for keeping us updated nonetheless!

Highlighted
Wizard

You do have some tower maintenance in your area for 3G browsing that opened today and is set to close around 10-10:30 PM CST tonight.

Highlighted
Journeyman

KY:  I just completed a the full erase and restore per your instructions and at first wasn't getting a data connection, but now I am.  The results of a speedtest are:

Ping: 1280 ms

Download: 0.34 Mbps

Upload: 0.01 Mbps

Ping 163 ms

Download 0.17 Mbps

Upload: 0.01 Mbps

I'm in 43119, are there any issues in my area at this point?

Highlighted

So now are you saying I'm going to have to restore my phone once again when it is "fixed" on that too?

Highlighted
Journeyman

this is absurd.  Every time I call in I get a different answer.  Ticket pending til the 17th, 20th, 26. now no ticket and its just me and they havent heard of any issues and get put on hold for an hour and then hung up on. I am at my witts end.  I should have just bought a flip phone bc what I have now is useless.  My zip code is 68164 but it doesnt matter where im at its still useless.  Cant send texts or get online.  As far as im concerned Sprint has duped us all and this is fraud. All I have is an expensive paper weight.

Highlighted
Wizard

No, I would not go that far, I would try resetting the network settings then updating the network settings.

Highlighted
Wizard

I am not showing any network issues in the 43119 zip code.

Highlighted
Journeyman

has anyone else done the update with good results?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am beyond frustrated with this problem.

I have the same issue most others are having, switching back and forth between the 'o' indicating 1x and 3G icon. My data is terrible, and the most annoying problem I encounter is text messages fail to send. I get a red exclimation point most times I attempt to send one. As a result, my battery dies extremely quickly, way worse than my iPhone 4.

I was told it may be 'towers in my area' but I travel frequently and the same issue happens everywhere,

After troubleshooting, resetting everything, and even getting a replacement from the inconveniently located Apple Store I still have this same problem. I've been juggled back and forth from Sprint customer service to Apple, and no one seems to know what to do which is infuriating considering there was a woman in the Sprint store last night with the SAME EXACT ISSUE!

I just don't have faith this phone will ever work correctly. I was on the phone and they reset my new phone again today but no change. I'm close to demanding a 4S from a supervisor because at least my old phone functioned.

I didn't intend for this to be a rant, it just came out that way. I reset it tonight and nothing has changed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I spoke with customer service at 5:09pm PST who informed me that #1181 was still OPEN. It had better be. Today has been the worst day yet. Back and forth between 3G and O... you can literally sit and watch it go back and forth. I have done the resets and restores to no avail. KY: TELL THEM THIS IS NOT FIXED.

Highlighted
Wizard

The ticket has been closed, here are the details.

Network CDMA
TRAMS Ticket ID 1181
Begin Date 11/11/2012 18:00:00 CST
ETR (CST) 11/26/2012 16:17:00 Open Calendar Please Enter Date Enter Valid Date in mm/dd/yy
End Date 11/20/2012 18:28:56 CST   
Last Updated 11/19/2012 09:26:22 CST
Highlighted
Journeyman

Customer service says otherwise. And even if it is closed, IT IS NOT FIXED.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat