cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 data not working.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 5 data not working.

FYI, as stated in another post, turning off LTE in Settings>General actually helps a lot with this problem. For me, It's too soon to say that it fixes it. I won't know until I drive around more (thats when I have problems), but for now it has helped the 3G stay on and now it switches the the circle a lot less than before.

Of course, this only applies to people without LTE currently.

Good Luck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

is 33019 Hollywood Florida or the Miami/Palm Beach market as a whole effected in any of the problems?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am in Hollywood Beach Florida and I go all over in Miami-Dade and Broward County and I am having the same issues inside, outside(even right on the beach with clear skys), near towers, far from towers, standing still/stiitng down, and moving in a car, but to be honest I think it's every square inch of the Miami/Palm Beach market.

Highlighted
Wizard

bigj0110,

I am not showing any network related issues within the 33019 zip code. Have you restored your device via iTunes and ensured you were on 6.0.1?

Highlighted

I am in the same general area (Plantation, Sunrise, Coral Springs, Davie, even north to Boca Raton, etc.) and experience the same issues (Zip codes 333xx and 330xx ranges).  I'm consistently told "overcapacity".  If it works at 1 in the morning, it's not my phone; it's the network.  KY: Any real solutions for us in these affected areas?

Highlighted
Wizard

If it is being related to capacity, there is not much that we can do. We are working to add voice and data capacity to our towers throughout the country via our Network Vision project.

Highlighted

But is it normal that *every* tower I end up using is "overcapacity" during waking hours within a 30 mile radius of my home?  In Boca Raton, I had speeds of almost 0.02Mbps down and even less up for the entire evening.  In Coral Springs, I had speeds of 0.04Mbps down and 0.01Mbps up all day on Saturday no matter where I was in the town.  Since I don't know anyone with an Android phone on Sprint here, I cannot say if they get better/same/worse speeds, but I can't see how anyone could be satisfied in the entire Broward/Palm Beach county region basing the quality of service my family's phones receive.

Is there a chance of improvement throughout the area before scheduled upgrades to individual towers, or is that the only real solution?

Highlighted
Wizard

That is not normal. Let me check into a few things and I will get back to you via private message within 1-2 hours.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any news on the tower update in Philadelphia that was scheduled to be completed today?

Highlighted
Wizard

You are most welcome.

Highlighted
Wizard

DmC878,

Can you please send me your zip code and two cross streets so I can identify any outages or maintenance ongoing in the area?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat