Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 data not working.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 5 data not working.

I have also been experiencing these problems and have also wasted my breath with Sprint since receiving the iPhone in late September and started calling Sprint for help October 1st. I finally filed a complaint with the BBB online last week and who would have guessed Sprint takes these complaints VERY seriously. I received a call from a Sprint “Executive Analyst” within two days of the complaint and she has been in contact with me via email and phone on a consistent basis since she is assigned my BBB complaint.

This morning Sprint stated “This is a known issue with their network and it not only affects the iPhone5 but all new LTE devices currently being sold by Sprint.” The issue is with new Sprint LTE devices not being able to fall back to the older technology (3G and earlier) in areas without sprint LTE. They hope to have the “optimization” of their network completed within the next year (2013) to correct this problem.

I asked why it took me two months of being on the phone with Sprint customer service / tech support and replacing my iPhone with a brand new one to be told this now, she appologized. When asked why people purchasing the devices in the stores are not being told up front she said “I cannot comment”. I asked why a press release has not been filed and she said “she does not work in marketing”.

She offered to credit me three months of phone service and I countered with 12 months’ worth since the upgrades are expected to be complete in one year. She countered with six months and I declined. I asked to be let out of the contract since I was not told this information within the 14day window to which she said she could not do. She has sent this request up another level and will hear back tomorrow.

This is not fair and we need to get some national attention to warn current and potential customers; not to mention smells class action.

I encourage you to go online to the BBB and file your own complaint; again I was amazed at how seriously Sprint takes these complaints and how fast you will be contacted by Sprint to attempt to make you a happy customer. I expected it to go on deaf ears, it did not.

Highlighted

After nothing but issues with the network and billing, I finally took our three lines to Verizon yesterday.  They will be RMAing the phones back in their own box and crediting the ETF following receipt of the devices.  They offered me 4 months of $100 credits to stay, but gave similar resolution time to MCHIARIZI: up to 12 months, but hopefully in 6.  Sorry, but I didn't get these phones to not use them for 6 months in the hope that they will work awesomely after that.

The representatives were very friendly and sympathetic to my complaints.  After 14 years, it wasn't customer service that sent me away but an inability to maintain their network like the "big guys".  I ran half a speed test on Verizon, saw speeds double the best I ever had on Sprint (while on Verizon 3G, though LTE is available all around my home), stopped, and resumed using my phone like it is supposed to be used...for productivity, fun, and connecting, not to diagnose network issues.

I wish everyone still fighting for the service they were promised the best and that Sprint gets their network up to par very soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have also filed complaints with the BBB and FCC. I have not been contacted in regard to this, however. I called Sprint of my own volition and, since I could not get an acknowledgement of the issue or a timeframe for resolution, I asked to be let out of my contract without an ETF, which they would not agree to. I just want to switch to another carrier at this point but refuse to pay the ETF out of principle.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I, like you, just want to go to Verizon. Did you have to fight to get the ETF refunded? The refused to do so when I called the other day and I just wanted to see if you have any advice.

I was escalated to a Manager/Supervisor/Lead level (whichever is the highest) in Account Services (Retentions) and they reviewed my account notes, which have records of many, many calls.  It was after I politely declined their rising offers to stay that they agreed to a full separation with no fees (and returns of the devices).  I wish I had something more concrete for you, but I'd say to just keep politely trying.

One thing you can try is to call their Ticket Team directly, then have them work with you for a few minutes (what I did).  After realizing the futility of such fix attempts, they transferred me to Account Services directly.  Maybe that pathway has more success.  Their number is 866-984-4962.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So did they buy back the phones and let you out of the contract, which they should for this bait and switch tactic.

Verizon should send a Thank You card to sprint for all of the defectors.

I have a appointment with Verizon tonight and will also be filling out complaint forms.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the info and enjoy the functioning data on Verizon!

Highlighted

BOO: They did let us out of the contract assuming we send them back the phones (which, obviously we will).  As far as refunding the purchase price, I'm expecting them to do so, but, as a precaution, placed a dispute with our credit card on the original purchase.

Yeah, the Verizon store I went to said they were getting a lot of Sprint defectors lately for the same problems.

PleaseKokua: No problem.  Just hope that others can benefit from the frustration we have all experienced.  And functioning data is very nice!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Looks like the only way to get our money back is to file a BBB complaint so I guess I'll be going down this road when I get back home in two weeks. This is unfortanate, if there is a national issue with all LTE devices in non LTE service areas Sprint should formally acknowledge it and take back the phones. No doubt there will be a major class action lawsuit to come out of this (but only the lawyers win in class actions).

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just filed my BBB report. I was told that if I get AppleCare to swap out my phone, and it still doesn't work, then they'll let me out of my contract. However, in order to get both iphone 5s replaced from AppleCare (without going phoneless), they want to put a $1500 "hold" on my credit card (two 32 gig phones). And to top it off, the AppleCare rep couldn't tell me if that "hold" would come off if it turned out that my current phones weren't actually defective.

Are you kidding me with this???

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat