I was in Los Angeles last week and my service ranged from 6mbps on LTE for a short time, to zero. Average was about 0.3 Kbps. In NJ it is always 0.6 Kbps or lower.
There is nothing to add to this conversation apart from saying we all need to contact the BBB to get anything done. Even then I'm certain the service will be the same and instead we'll get a small bill reduction if we complain hard enough
Can you check to ensure the data in your iPhone 5 matches what is listed below?
Is there something wrong with like ALL iphones today? iMessage was working fine early this morning and now everything is being send out as regular SMS messages. Not to mention NOTHING wants to update. Other people that I know both in my building and out of town are all having issues and it's both the 5 and the 4S having issues.
We have some Voice maintenance ongoing in the area that is expected to clear 12/11 at 4:00 AM CST. Have you tried resetting and updating your network settings?
Welcome to iphone5 hell on sprint. If you've had service up till now you are one of the very lucky few. Many on this post will vouch for what I'm saying.
I have been following this post all weekend because my data was not working either. I was getting the dreaded "Could Not Activate Cellular Data Network" and spent a considerable amount of time on the phone with Sprint. We did all the activities listed here from ##update# to full restore... I even tried the one where I waited for 30 with the phone off and nothing worked. The Sprint rep finally told me I would have to go to an Apple store. I called Apple instead and was told "you've got a 4G phone in a 3G market." She told me I would have to wait for LTE, but then called me back a few minutes later and told me her notes tells me to talk to a Sr. Advisor. I explained EVERYTHING to him and he did a diagnostic, then set up an appoinment for me at an Apple store. The first thing the Apple store employee said was, "you must be on Sprint." She did some of the same things recommended in this post pulled out a new phone to see if we could duplicate the issue on brand new hardware even though my phone was only 4 days old (replacement for another issue). During the setup on the sprint.com site it was clear there was something wrong with the SIM code since it wasn't taking the code she was entering. She said Sprint may have made a mistake while setting it up. She ended up calling Sprint and they told her to take all the same steps I've read about here. Finally she demanded, repeatedly to talk to a Tier 2 specialist... we finally got one on the phone and he wanted her to do the same steps again. On the third attempt it started working and I didn't get the "Data Network" error!!! The Apple employee immediately asked the Tier 2 guy "what did you do, I know you did something." He wouldn't tell her anything and both her and her manager shook their heads and said "Sprint knows something and we don't know why they aren't telling us." They also told me the 13.1 Sprint update and/or the 6.01 update may have been a patch for some of these issues, but everything should be resolved with 6.1. No ETA for that update now. In summary, this is a Sprint issue, not Apple. My recommendation is to go to a Sprint store and show them what's going on or call Sprint and demand you get to a Tier 2 rep. Good luck!