cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 data not working.

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 5 data not working.

Was first in line to get the new iPhone yesterday.  Ever since I left the store, I have not been able to get data on my phone.  3g doesn't show up at all.  Was on the phone with tech support more than once, and they said that i had a defective phone.  I went and had the phone replaced, and am having the same issue.  tried all of the resets suggested, went to update my network settings, etc.  Obviously there is an issue with the Sprint-iPhone 5 connection (the 4S i was using is now my wifes, and it shows a full 3G signal, and works awesome!)

Not sure what the next step is. 

544 REPLIES 544
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am in the military and I bought the Iphone 5 after coming home from a six month deployment because I saw how great international calling was with all of my coworkers Iphones. I have had my phone for two weeks now and I have had terrible call quality and my datat has gone from being really good at first to the extended 0 all the time. I can't send any texts and my other apps and internet don't work. I haven't called sprint yet because from the sounds of things on this forum it won't do any good. I was wondering if anyone has had these problems in the VA area where I am located. I would like to have other Sprint users with the same problem that I can use as backup when I call. I boght my phone at Best Buy so worst case I have 30 days to give it back. I just might have to get the S3 like my wife if they can't figure this out FAST!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am in the military and I bought the Iphone 5 after coming home from a six month deployment because I saw how great international calling was with all of my coworkers Iphones. I have had my phone for two weeks now and I have had terrible call quality and my datat has gone from being really good at first to the extended 0 all the time. I can't send any texts and my other apps and internet don't work. I haven't called sprint yet because from the sounds of things on this forum it won't do any good. I was wondering if anyone has had these problems in the VA area where I am located. I would like to have other Sprint users with the same problem that I can use as backup when I call. I boght my phone at Best Buy so worst case I have 30 days to give it back. I just might have to get the S3 like my wife if they can't figure this out FAST!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm even having worst service then you look, and according to Sprint Imy whole market has "exceptional" coverage

IMG_0083.PNGIMG_0088.PNGIMG_0089.PNGIMG_0097.PNGIMG_0094.PNGimg_0099.jpgIMG_0030.PNGhttp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/img0030m.png/

IMG_0035.PNG

Highlighted
Journeyman

I feel your pain STILL!! I have filed with the BBB. I filed about a week ago. The BBB informed me that they sent the complaint to Sprint. I guess Sprint does not care because no action has been taken yet.

Screen captures at the bottom...

Here is what I filed with the BBB against Sprint.

-----

Ever since my date of purchase with the iPhone 5 through Sprint I have had really bad service ranging from dropped calls to extremely poor data connection. I have spent several hours on the phone with Sprint trying to deal with the problem. I have also spent several hours doing research on what the problem could be on line. I have taken screen captures of most of the problems when they happen. Sprint keeps telling me that they are fixing a tower in my area. This problem happens at any location that I am at - ranging from Washington DC to Fredericksburg VA. I am not able to update applications, check email, send photo text, or do any actions that require data usage. They have told me several different dates (a new fix date each time I call in to Sprint) on when they are going to have the outage problem fixed. I have been patient and waited for the time frames to pass. Each time, the problem still exists once the time frame Sprint gave me has passed. I have been with Sprint for a very long time now and I wanted to stay with them. The problem is, I need a cell service that is going to work for me, my family, and my business. Sprint's cell phone service has been a nightmare for the last several weeks. I have been to Apple and verified that it is not the iPhone 5. I have no idea why Sprint's service has taken a dive in the last several weeks. I would not have renewed my contract with them if I had any problems prior to the renewal.

One of the reps told me that Sprint would work with me on getting out of my contract without the early termination fee and returning the iPhone 5. He told me this to give me some peace of mind while I waited on them to fix the problem - my waiting on Sprint to fix the problem sent me over the 14 day period. He said the reason they could do this was that he could see in the notes that I had been dealing with the problem from the beginning of my purchase with the iPhone 5. Then later reps told me I would need to pay the ETF and that I was stuck with the phone.

-----

I would like to turn in both of our phones to Sprint with a full refund on the iPhone 5 and a partial refund or buyback on the iPhone 4s. I also want to be let out of our contracts without the early termination fee. I would also like Sprint to publicly announce what the issue(s) is with their network so potential customers are educated about the issue(s).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the latest screen captures...

IMG_3074.PNG

IMG_3066.PNG

IMG_3055.PNG

IMG_3050.PNG

IMG_3005.PNG

Look... LTE!       Wait... Still a fail!

IMG_3002.PNG

IMG_2773.PNG

IMG_2717.PNG

IMG_2688.PNG

IMG_2686.PNG

I was in an area that had LTE for this one. See above Pandora LTE fail.

IMG_3001.PNG

I could post these all day long.

I have gone back in to Apple and they have ran diagnostics on my phone again - the phone checked out just fine except for the network problems.

I restored my phone to factory again to see if a forth time would be a charm - no luck! It is still the same.

I am at my witts end on this deal! It looks like I don't have any other chioce but to seek legal action.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Josh,

if you read any of my replies on this thread it takes a while for sprint to respond to BBB complaint. did you see how MANY there are? i have to imagine there are thousands of complaints to deal with. it took about 2 weeks and that was prior to the holidays.... im sure a response is coming.

sprint did the right thing by me, it just took at TON of work to get it done.

-jenzo

Highlighted
Journeyman

Very good to know! I am sitting at 10 days now on the BBB complaint.

I will try to find all of your post now.

Thanks!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

those speeds you posted were my regular speeds for a long time when I had sprint. that's why i switched to verizon. From seeing my wife's phone, they have improved a lot though, but not in all areas

Highlighted
Journeyman

At least for my market to be honest nothing inproved at all and it is so bad I'm in the Miami/Palm Beach Florida market but the speed test app is picking up Chicago Illinois towers(witch I don't think is possibe) and was frozen on the speed test and then ounce it started picking up local towers it was still froozen and it is still like this even now as I type. I just hope with me having screen shots to back this up and 2 FCC clames and the FCC has copys of all the screen shot, that I can get out of my contract with no ETF and get all my money back for my phone so I can go to one of the other carriers that have the iPhone 5 or I'm just going to end leaving Sprint with out paying the bill anymore and then my headaches will be gone.They say they are going to do this and that and fix this and that but nothing has chaniged not even .1%

Highlighted
Journeyman

problem with not paying bill is they will ruin your credit. no way around it. any unpaid balance will be reported to the credit bureau after 90 days if im not mistaken.

did you file claim with BBB?

-jenzo

Highlighted
Journeyman

SO frustrated with my new iPhone 5, I have had 2 that refuse to connect to 3G and only stay at the (O). I called sprint and they said there are lines down in my area, but its only my phone that doesnt work, all the 5 other iphones in my family work fine... Has anyone found a solution!? I have reset my phone 3 times now... Still no luck... Ill take any help I can get.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Are you the only person in your family with an iphone 5?

Highlighted
Journeyman

nope, there are 2 others with iphone 5's and 3 with the 4S

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat