cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 data not working.

544 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: iPhone 5 data not working.

you would be better off starting a thread in the customer service area so an agent can look into it. youre currently posting in an area where agents dont really visit anymore..they mainly stick to the CS area.

Customer Service

they will need your zip code as well as the 2 crossing streets closest to the problem area.."everywhere" doesnt exactly help narrow down which towers you would normally connect to.

no physical address or personal info unless it is sent in a private message to the agent youre working with.

Journeyman

90503 - everywhere

Journeyman

Did they come up with a solution since I have to do the same thing

Master

bvmyers84,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with data. Is this something that only happens at home or in multiple locations. Send me your zip code and 2 closest cross streets. I'll take a look at the network and its performance in your area.

Regards,

Duane

Sprint Social Care 

Journeyman

I have done this several times, under direction of Sprint, and on my own. It works for about 2 minutes then starts all over again. I've had enought after paying the amount of money I did for this phone.

Master

Under your settings in General, reset your network settings, and after it's done, go to your dial screen and dial ##update# and press talk, that should do the trick.

Journeyman

I've had nothing but problems out of my Iphone 5 since I bought it in December 2013. No data connectivity.. bad phone connection - but the most aggravating is the data. I have a tablet and two other phones (all droids) on the same plan and can use those with no problems but the Iphone 5 is nothing but problems. I've called and gone through the reset process on numerous occasions and it still does the same thing over and over again. Now it has just started shutting off and restarting all by itself. How can I go about exchanging this phone for a different one, something other than an Iphone?

Journeyman

I have been having the same issues. Sprint has been giving me the same run around for over a year. I wish I would have never opened up the iphone 5 box. And to make things worse sprint doesn't care or doesn't take any action. I have been a sprint customer for over 15 years. You would think they would put me in a better phone... And to kick me yet again I didn't switch to another carrier, me like a idiot waited till sprint had the iphones... What a joke....

Journeyman

Don't stop complaining to Sprint, file a complaint with FTC the Federal Trade Comission and the Better Bussiness Bureau, Also call any of your consumer watchdog news channels, they love to help the consumer.

Journeyman

I have the same issues in California.  IPhone 5 with an upgraded plan at $85 month and it has lousy connectivity anywhere I go.  I've called Sprint many many times and they claim it's the phone.  I traded my phone for a new IPhone 5 and the trouble remains.  I beleive the common denominator here is SPRINT!