cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 data not working.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 5 data not working.

##873283# send.  The info was in the original post.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No Luck.  Does anyone know if Sprint is monitoring this?

Please advise this is really frustrating.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was also having intermittent data problems but I think it is related to work being done in my area - the WiMax signal is significantly stronger today than it has ever been so perhaps the NetworkVision improvements are going live here in the Miami area.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I am in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale Florida area and my prl is 55006 as well And my data speed is so bad that now its nonexistent anywhere in 2 full county's worth, everything says 0 When I do the speed test. As far as the bars I Am only receiving one bar pretty much everywhere I go, so unless I'm connected to Wi-Fi the phone is useless doesn't work at all, and because of the one bar everywhere I go voice Calls don't even work

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im in Florida. Bought the iphone 5 the other day and 3g is pathetic. Takes forever to load. I have the iphone 5 and iphone 4 which I updated to ios6 too. after the update, 3g speed on the iphone 4 was down to .02mbps.

So i called sprint and they gave me a code that updates the service of the phone. Hard reset, clear cache, clear cookies, and dialling the code seem to do the trick.

Today though, I tried the 3g and it's back to its painfully slow speed. So i repeated the process and now its super fast again.

I guess it's not the phones. Its the ios6.

Highlighted
Journeyman

the problem being ios6 makes no sense.  my brother who lives in the same area with the same iphone5 and operating system and on VERIZON has not had one single issue.  his speeds are blazing fast on LTE and much faster on 3G.  the problem is sprints junk coverage.  let's all spend the next two years resetting our phones with a code, hard resetting and deleting cookies!  that's insane!  had the phone for 5 days now and can only accomplish anything on wifi.

Highlighted
Wizard

holyhalfdead it could be the configuration to the Sprint Sprint on ios hat could causing this problem. bigj0110 said he is not able to use data and has 1 to 0 bar in Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Yet I live here also and us the same network he is using but not an iphone and service in terms of signal is not that bad.

bigj0110 I would check what is happening between the phone and the Sprint Network. While there are a few dead spots in Miami the majority of the time you should be getting signal. While data in some location is slow I have been able to do speed test and open mobile site on them except for one location which I reported it to Sprint. I have a verizon ipad and my cellphone is sprint and I can say that coverage (in terms of signal) in general from Kendall to Coral Gables areas is almost the same for both companies in term of signal yes one may have more bar than other but both work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

so what should we do for our iphone 5's?  we all have 14 days to make a call, and i don't see sprint trying to rectify anything.   same text book answers on the phone or chat. i guess i just don't see why this should be happening at all.  pain in the fart maker!

Highlighted
Wizard

If Sprint is not helping then it might be time to move to another carrier. Looking at your preview post and for your case it looks like slow data right?  With Network Vision is when the solution to this problem should be fix. Sprint has a list of cities were they are working on it right now see http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2382&view_id=8028 if you city is on the list I would personally wait (this would be my decision my opinion) if it not on the list I would leave Sprint. You can always come back in 2 years and try them again if you really want Sprint because of XandY reasons.

Now I dont know how is coverage is in your area and how other phones work on the Sprint network in your area but I do know in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, and part of Puerto Rico. In some places it better than other for example fort Myers I love the data speeds miami has good cogerage but puerto rico need better coverage.

My advise is to find someone that has a Sprint but not a Sprint iphone compare speed if similar you know it the network if there is a difference then it the phone and it interaction with the Sprint network. As you said you have 14 days to make the call if your not happy move to a different provider. You put your part Sprint did not.

That just my 2cent

Highlighted
Journeyman

3g is just fine coz we have an evo with sprint and no problem whatsoever with the 3g. Since my last rest, i have had no problems with the 3g.

You can always return the phone, you know. Every launch a few apple devices have always had issues with 3g, battery, etc. Apple will come up with a solution. If you don't wanna deal with it, return your device.

Highlighted

I'm having the same exact problenm -- I can get 3G or "circle" data, but I get 4G LTE here in Kennesaw GA. PRL is the same as everyone elses.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same issues in Chicago/Matteson IL. Been on the phone with sprint 3 times.   They don't have an answer I was told its not the phone by apple it's the network.  Guy suggested I turn off lte.  It's in your settings under general /cellular/ enable lte . Switch it off for those that are not in lte coverage areas the phone keeps searching for lte.  Which is causing the pop up and draining your battery in the process btw.   I wish sprint would start really doing its research so they can answer their own questions.   Pop up stopped after I turned off.  If anyone see anything different let me know.  Is this pop up happening in lte areas?? (The could not activate cell network, you are not subscribed to cellular date network)

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat