cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 data not working.

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: iPhone 5 data not working.

The zip codes were included in the national ticket that closed. I would try once again to restore the iPhone via iTunes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has the ticket for 48323 closed as well?

Highlighted
Wizard

Yes, the national ticket has closed

Highlighted
Journeyman

Fantastic!  So we now have accomplished nothing but wasting everyone's time and money. Zack Morris would be so happy right now because his brick phone is faster than by iPhone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ky158151 wrote:

Yes, the national ticket has closed

ky158151,

So the day after you informed us that all network issues were resolved and the ticket was closed my data performance on 3G was 35% better.  My pings were in the 200-300 range and I actually could surf the internet and youtube at zip code 80011.

Yesterday...i could NOT even open a single website.  Ping was 1500+ms and I am surprised I could get that to work.  Not one website would open, not even google.  I there after completed a reboot, with no help.  After that I tried ##update# and still no progress.  According to Sprints website, I have a NEW tower upgrade for 3G 200 feet from where I stand.

what gives?  this is rediculous.  mind you...my phone showed 3 bars for being so close to 3 voice and 1 data tower standing outside in the open, and phone never showed droppage out of 3G coverage.  data today works but takes 3-5 minutes to open the most basic page.  when I am back in southern california, data is heaps better, but still super slow in ping and loading of pages compared to all other network carriers.  i constantly am asking to use my friends phones when i need to return driving directions or searches as soon as possible.

https://network.sprint.com/search/13100+colfax+ave%2C+aurora%2C+co/

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ky,

I've wiped and reloaded my iPhone via iTunes.  I waited for over an hour with the phone off and then set the phone up as a new phone.

I ran the ##update#.  I'm still getting poor 3G data speeds.  from .03 to .3 Mbps.

I can send you two zip codes and street intersections if you need.  What other information would you need?

Highlighted
Journeyman

any updates on the airplane toggle issues? I still have to toggle airplane mode each time I make a phone call if I want to use the interenet or any apps.

Highlighted
Wizard

TheMierzwas,

I would need your phone number, pin number, email address, problem location and ping/download/upload results to create a network ticket for your particular problem.

Highlighted
Wizard

TheMierzwas,

I would need your phone number, pin number, email address, problem location and ping/download/upload results to create a network ticket for your particular problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since the ticket was closed has anyone on here had their data issues resolved? My phone was finally able to hold onto a 3g signal here in Philadelphia on 11/27 but the speed was still horrendous (Download: 0.0 Mbps, Upload: .27 Mbps, Ping: 4642ms). Believe it or not that was a vast improvement from the past 2 months as I could at least complete the speed test. By 11/28 though I was back to 1x data (little o) and not able to do anything data wise the vast majority of the time. I'm headed to Baltimore in a few hours so I'll test again there once I arrive.

Note: I have not wiped and restored my iPhone 5 this week as I have yet to see any evidence of this fixing anything despite Sprint advising this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nope, still useless. Went to best buy to talk to them about this and they said its a sprint issue and you can do all the re setting you want. It won't matter.

Highlighted
Wizard

Wiping the iPhone and going through the activation process reprovisions the phone to the network.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat