Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 data not working.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 5 data not working.

How can we find out more about this?

Sprint Puts NY State on the 4G LTE Map

http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=227624

Highlighted
Journeyman

How can we find out more about this?

Sprint Puts NY State on the 4G LTE Map

http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=227624

Highlighted
Wizard

D007,

You can visit www.sprint.com/lte for more information on LTE coverage. For any news releases, check out www.sprint.com/newsroom

Highlighted
Journeyman

KY,

If we do a complete reset (erase all data and settings), can we restore the phone through iCloud or Itunes to get all of our pictures, apps, wifi passwords, etc back, or will we lose all of this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

KY,

If we do a complete reset (erase all data and settings), can we restore the phone through iCloud or Itunes to get all of our pictures, apps, wifi passwords, etc back, or will we lose all of this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

KY,

Highlighted
Journeyman

KY,

Highlighted
Journeyman

KY,

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got a message on my iphone to upgrade carrier settings...is this a fix to the problem or what does this do?

Highlighted
Journeyman

No, this did nothing to improve my data speeds or connection. Somebody else in another forum indicated that it was something related to the personal hotspot feature.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had the iphone 5 since November 20th and I have had nothing but problems with data. My 5 will make calls just fine, but if I try to update an app, use Siri, search the web, use email, or do any tasks that require the phone to work using sprint's data, it freezes up. It will work perfectly if I am on my wifi. I had the 4S for about a year with no problems! I have been with Sprint for over ten years and this is the first time I have been willing to leave them. I have tried all the tricks to get mine to work... NOTHING HAS WORKED! I had sprint activate an old phone, then tried a reactivation on the 5 (per another posters RESOLVED post) - however, I think it is worse now! I have done the factory reset and ##update# several times. Sprint has tried all of their tricks on it. Clearly, if sprint is aware of a major issue they will never tell the public in fear of loosing customers and not gaining any new ones. Sprint customer service has been very nice to me so far, but I have not been nasty yet! One strange thing I have noticed - I passed the 4S on to my spouse and so I took it from her to do some speed testing. The 4S data speed was not great, but it was looking stellar next to my 5. I am also angry that Sprint did not tell me that the DC area did not have 4G LTE - I should have done my research, so that is on me! I still wish that they would inform their customers of things like this!

What kind of speed are other sprint 4G phones seeing?

I would love to see if anyone has an iphone 5 and has it working to their expectations. If so, what kind of speed are you getting out of 3G and 4G LTE?

4S screen capture -

IMG_0055.PNG

Iphone 5 screen captures -

IMG_2664.PNG

IMG_2633.PNG

IMG_2676.PNG

Stuck on ping test...

IMG_2682.PNG

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have also made a complaint to the BBB today as per others on this forums. Hopefully they will contact me soon!

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat