cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 data not working.

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: iPhone 5 data not working.

Have you confimed with Apple that you device has an activation policy? If the activation policy was recently added, a restore via iTunes would be needed for it to complete.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After you cancel the contract without ETF ! Did you get you $199 you paid for the Iphone. and have you recieved that refund yet?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello everyone, has anyone noticed that apps that demand data (Sirius XM, Spotify) work inconsitantly?  The the apps frequently pause for loading, or give an error message that is usually associated with lack of data communication between the tower and iPhone.  Usually when the apps fail I have full network service, i'll have full bars yet speeds which are considered very slow.  The speeds advertised in my area (29209) are no where near what I actually get on the iphone.  Its especially significant becuase I am aware that its not an iphone issue, its a network problem.  Has anyone else been experiencing app related issues specifically with Spotify or XM radio? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same thing happen to me - I just chalked it up to terrible data coverage. I think Spotify uses a good deal of data - each time I hit forward to play the next song, the lag time is 5-6 seconds before it starts playing. When I was on ATT's 3G a couple months ago, it was instantaneous.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've experienced lag while in my car right next to a tower.  I'm not waiting on LTE anymore i've learned thats asking for too much.  I wish I could recieve a list of a "real" 3G rollout.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint has the worst 3G coverage I have ever seen. It's so bad it can't be considered coverage. When Facebook or bofa apps don't work think a streaming audio app will!!?? It's called saturation, sprint was in the process of scaling back on 3G betting on 4g WiMAX and guess what. They bet wrong on both accounts. The iPhone is the single largest data use device on a cellular network. It's constantly talking to something.... And oh yeah it's 3G only prior to the i5. so you get a cheap unlimited plan, a bunch of data hungry phones and a very poorly thought out network topology and you get what we all are stuck with!!

I complained to the bbb and FCC. Looks like I might be getting some love from sprint. I have a year left and I will be returning my phones and not paying etf... I believe I am getting my purchase price for the phones back as well.

You need to complain to bbb ASAP! It's the only way to get sprints attention.

Jenzo

Highlighted
Journeyman

so i got out of sprint contract for 2 phones. got to keep my iphone 5 i just bought outright ( obviously its more valuable to me to sell ) i get to pay half ETF on my wifes iphone 4s ( still worth more to pay half ETF than to turn in and pay no ETF ) and go to verizon. the only way i was able to get satisfaction was to

1. put in alot of work calling tech support, returning phones, resetting phones, documenting issues

2. complaining to BBB

3. continuing to be pain in the arse.

it worked!

bye sprint its been a bumpy ride and i hope you get your network right so people can get what they pay for!

Highlighted
Journeyman

How long it took for the BBB to respond? I posted a complaint about a day ago and i'm not sure what the process is

Highlighted
Journeyman

it took sprint about a week to get back to me.  When they finally did they asked me what issues I was having (for the 100th time and it was in my complaint).  After we got passed all that she said they would call me back bc they needed to do some "research" on the issue and see if I was having any tower issues etc...   I have an idea, research why your network and the iphone arent compatible and quit wasting everyones time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

guess what a floor GM put in a request for me to speak to a higer up and yesterday they called me back after a week and a half. So when the higher ups called me back he said I used more min then I did and I used much more data then I did because I can't use there services. Also, I have screen shots of my phone on full bars and 3G not working one says "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding" then another one "Safari could not open the page because your iphone is not connected to the internet" with a pop up on top of it saying "could not activate cellular data network" and I have many more of theses type of screen shots, so I told the guy that I have screen shots to back it up so you can't tell me no and he just said we can't help you because the service is working 97% of the time(witch is more like 1% of the time if that) according to what he sees on the computer and I told him that other people are having problems in my market as well some of the people I know and see it not working right next to me(on the 4s and the 5) and some of them are on this site from my market that are reporting this so how can it be working 97% of the time when me and a whole bunch of otheer people are having problem in my maket and me having day after day worth of screen shots? he skipped over the question and asked me how can we help you then I told him fix the market as whole for me and he said there is nothing wrong with the market so how can we fix it and from that point on we keep going in circles till he just put in notes in the computer with nothing getting done.

Highlighted
Journeyman

took about 2 weeks for sprint to respond. no response from BBB. i was called by someone in the Executive & Regulatory Services Department. i was let out of my contracts with no ETF on 1 phone. i paid a small partial ETF on another phone. since the iphones are worth alot more than 90.00 i paid the 90.00 for my 4s. and i paid 0 for the iphone 5 and kept it too.

the woman was EXTREMELY helpful, apologetic, and courteous. she said they have no way to determine data reliablity so anyone who says they can isnt being truthful.

i already got my verizon phones last night and im sorry to rub it in but the phone works like a phone should. super fast data! reliable connectivity and actually cheaper than sprint if you can believe that!

good luck all!

Highlighted
Journeyman

for me they would let me out of it with no ETF but they want me to send them the phone back and I would get no money from them for the phone, or I can keep the phone but I would have to pay the ETF if I keep the phone so I am stuck because I'm not going to send the phone back unless I get all my money and I am not going to pay an ETF for service I did NOT get. To be honest I'm about to keep the phone and just stop paying the bill go get Verizon sell the phone to them when I get mine on there network and that is it.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat