cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 keeps SEARCHING for service

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 5 keeps SEARCHING for service

My Sprint iPhone 5 won't stop SEARCHING for service. I tried rebooting. Nothing works, it's been hours. And I have been at home this whole time, where I normally have great coverage.

How do I fix this? It's a brand new phone and I just started with Sprint... Quite disappointing I must say 😞

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Wizard

Oh, that's not good.  May I have your zip code? Please clear all data history, log of wifi if logged on, and power cycle.

Reply with the zip code.

Thank You

*Jacquice

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for responding.

My zip code is 90620. I have cleared my data history, turned the wi-fi off and power cycled (leaving it off for over 2 minutes).

Yet, it is still searching for service 😞

Highlighted
Wizard

Thank you for sending me this information. There is an event in your area, we're working on it. You should see some progress on your deice by the end of the night, we are moving things along pretty fast. On your device go to settings, general, and reset ( no personal information will be lost). Select reset network settings the device will power cycle wait ten minutes before using the device again. Share results!

Thank You

*Jacquice

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

II've reset and cleared radio to no avail. I am traveling it worked in St. Louis , then stopped in Chicago and now I'm in Phoenix stilll searching for service. This is the second time it's happened to me.  I've also turned off and on about 6x

any other tricks?.

Highlighted
Master

Hi There,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Based on the phone behavior, I would suggest you to take it to the Sprint Corporate or Apple store near you. We have to check the software/hardware on that device and fix the issue. I do apologize for this inconvenience. Keep us posted.

Thanks

Angel

Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi,

Apple's good service and phone replacement is limited to if your phone is under warranty.

I just experienced the never-ending searching and wanted to share some advice.

I traveled out of the cellular network and turned off my phone.  The phone was turned back on when I returned to an area where the phone previously connected to the network.  When the phone began searching for the network I performed the recommended trouble shooting steps, power on/off, reset network, took it to the Spring store, etc than to the Apple store.  No connection success.  Although the phone could connect via wi-fi and everything else worked fine the phone would not connect to the cellular network and phone and internet service was not available.  I asked  the Apple Genius Bar if their efforts would still allow me to update my phone via the backup information on the icloud.  The answer was yes.  However after all their efforts my phone was returned to me and can only be used as a paperweight.  The phone is USELESS, locked in the set up menu and is continues to search for a network.  The phone cannot access my contact or search via wi-fi. 

DO NOT ATTEMPT A FACTORY RESET or Let Apple attempt removing/adding your device to existing cellular service unless your phone is under warranty or you are prepared to purchase a new phone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat