Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 network issue

Journeyman

iPhone 5 network issue

I purchchsed my iphone 5 the day it was released, and ive been having problems since then. Prior to purchasing this phone i had a 4s that was working perfectly fine. Im now on my 3rd iphone 5 because no one seems to know whats wrong with my phone. My phone wont hold a 3g signal and ive never seen lte on my screen. In fact i cant browse the web at all unless im on wi-fi. Im also gettin an error message saying cellular data cant be activated, or something along those lines. I now have two tickets open with sprint and im now waiting for someone to call me with a solution to this problem. Im getting frustrated, and im sick and tired of hearing the same rehersed  script when calling into sprint. no one seems to know the answer to this issue. Am i the only one whos experiencing this?

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

I ahve the same problem. The date sucks at this time.

Wizard

canty1990,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're experiencing so many issues with iPhone 5 and data.  All of the information that was reported to me has gone towards the collection of data for an iPhone 5 data known issue.  Ticket#1181 has been dispatched and is currently being worked on by both Apple and by Sprint.  The current estimated time of repair is 11/26/2012.  We appreciate your patience, hopefully a resolution will come sooner rather than later.

Sincerely

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

This is a known issue. Sprint has released a statement. There is at least one more thread about it. Do a Google search for it and it will turn up towards the top. It's a big issue and Sprint is not sure how to fix it. One of the last posts on p12 of this thread has posted some comments from Sprint...

Journeyman

This is ridiculous. I just want out of my contract without an ETF so I can go to a functioning network.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat