Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 personal hotspot missing!!!!!

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 5 personal hotspot missing!!!!!

iPhone 5 personal hotspot missing does anyone know how to get it back???

12 REPLIES

Re: iPhone 5 personal hotspot missing!!!!!

edgarr-l,

Thanks for posting, have you tried the following steps > http://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Turn_WiFi_hotspot_on_or_off_Apple_iPhone_5_16GB/44049-119...Smiley Very HappySmiley Surprised ?  If this option is not coming up on your phone, have you tried powering down the device and then turn it back on?

Eduardo C

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I know where it suppose to be and it's not there, not under cellular either , the option to turn it on is not there. I've even restored to factory settings and it didn't work!.

Journeyman

edgarr-l

I see. Have you used the hotspot on your phone before? If so, Did it drop off during use or was it just not available when you attempted to use it again?

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I Finally got it working now, after all the calls to Sprint/Apple customer care and Sprint stores and no one knew how to get it stay, it would show up and then disappear. I went to three different Sprint stores, called Apple once, and called Sprint customer care about 4 times. Finally after the fourth time i called they got it working.

Journeyman

edgarr-l

Wow! I am sorry that it took so long to get it working for you. Did the representative explain to you what caused the option to disappear? What did they do to get it back?

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

If i remember correctly this is process that i went through to get it working..

turn phone off

after a while turn back on

do profile update ##873283#

then reset network settings

and then phone would turn back on and it should be back

To do this I had to use my home phone while I was talking to the rep cause I had to turn phone off.

I didn't think to ask what caused it , but it seemed to me like he had already done it before cause it worked the first time.

Journeyman

edgarr-l

That is awesome! I am glad that he helped you to get it working. Thank you for the information as well. Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I tried instruction 3 times n hot spot still doesn't show on my phone is it because i never updated software?? I am still using 6.1.4 version n i refuse to update the software because i hate the new graphic im need the hot spot function so bad please help!!

Master

toothfairy81 - Thanks for the post, I would strongly suggest visiting the nearest service and repair center. There we can take a look at the device and provide the appropriate solutions. -Eduardo
Journeyman

OMG!  My personal hotspot was missing.  This is the first search thread I opened.  I followed it 1,2,3.  It worked in 2 minutes.  Thank You.

Sprint Social Care

craig155

We are glad to know that your issue was resolved. Keep us posted if you have any other questions or concerns.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat