cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 stuck on searching...

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 5 stuck on searching...

So i just tried network updating my iPhone 5 and at first it went successful, i updated it because I thought it was supposed to have LTE and it was only showing 3G, then I went to settings and figured out that LTE was off so i turned it on and tried performing a network update again, and now its just stuck on searching.... it doesnt say Sprint or anything.

I was just wondering if LOS ANGELES has 4G right? Cause mine only says 3G.

Is there anything I can do right now to make it stop from searching to it saying Sprint?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Journeyman

I had to reboot mine to make it stop "searching" The iPhone 5 is definitely having it's share of glitches...especially on Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So when you rebooted did that fix the problem?  My iphone 5 did this about 2 weeks ago and I rebooted and it fixed it. The problem is happening again and I have rebooted 3x already and it still says "searching..." 

Highlighted
Master

JBB6,

Thank you for the post that you left regarding about your iphone 5 stuck on searching.  We see that rebooting had worked for you once but that it occurred later on as well.  Can you please supply us with your zip code and cross streets so that we may check the coverage area.  Also, did this initially begin after an ios update?  Is this issue currently plaguing you or has it subsided?

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello I am seem to be having the same problem, I have rebooted my phone a couple of times and yet no success. This is also not limited to my area, it seems to happen every where I go. Mind helping me with this problem? I call...but I can't see to get a good reception.

Highlighted
Master

JosephLaLiberte01,

Happy to help. Can you please also let us know your cross streets and zip so we can take a look at your area for possible causes?

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sure cross street is union mill and braddock road, zip code 20124

Highlighted
Master

JosephLaLiberte01,

I checked the area, we did have a tower issue in you area that is now cleared.Are you having issues in other location? Power cycle the device then from the dial pad update profile by ##873283# then call. Let me know if that helps.

Thank you,
*Paida.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi,

I just experienced the never-ending searching and wanted to share some advice.

I traveled out of the cellular network and turned off my phone.  The phone was turned back on when I returned to an area where the phone previously connected to the network.  When the phone began searching for the network I performed the recommended trouble shooting steps, power on/off, reset network, took it to the Spring store, etc than to the Apple store.  No connection success.  Although the phone could connect via wi-fi and everything else worked fine the phone would not connect to the cellular network and phone and internet service was not available.  I asked  the Apple Genius Bar if their efforts would still allow me to update my phone via the backup information on the icloud.  The answer was yes.  However after all their efforts my phone was returned to me and can only be used as a paperweight.  The phone is USELESS, locked in the set up menu and is continues to search for a network.  The phone cannot access my contact or search via wi-fi. 

DO NOT ATTEMPT A FACTORY RESET! unless your phone is under warranty or you are prepared to purchase a new phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

whats your solution then?

Highlighted
Master

Hello there leokev!

Are you experiencing the ''searching'' issue with your iPhone too? Please let us know, we would love to help you.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

My iPhone 5s is stuck on searching. Wifi works. No calls or text

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat