cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 text messaging issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

iPhone 5 text messaging issues

I am experiencing text messaging issues with my iPhone 5.  I have not been able to send nor receive texts today.  Is this a typical issue with the iPhone (or Sprint)?

16 REPLIES 16
Master

Re: iPhone 5 text messaging issues

E1999 -We're sorry to hear that. Please clear cookies and web history. Go to Settings, tap Safari, scroll down to Clear History and to Clear Cookie data. Then perform a profile update. Go to the dial pad, dial ##873283#, press Call, press OK at the message box, Press OK when completed. Lets try those steps. -Ramiro Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I just tried this,  and it didn't work for me.   Any suggestions?

Master

MaryAnneRozinsky,

Are you using an iPhone 5 as well? Are you experiencing this issue with every text? Are you getting an error when the text fails? We would also like to check out the network in your area. What is your zip code and some close cross streets?

- Patrick
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Was on the phone with sprint yesterday and they told me a tower was down in my area and I would be fine today. Tried today to text still no luck. My zip code is 93063, cross roads Cochran and Los Angeles ace

Journeyman

Was on the phone with sprint yesterday and they told me a tower was down in my area and I would be fine today. Tried today to text still no luck. My zip code is 93063, cross roads Cochran and Los Angeles ace

Journeyman

I use iPhone 5, no error messages, the text status is sending. But the text never finishes sending. This has been happening since Monday.

Master

MaryAnneRozinsky,

Oh no, I want to help. Where are you located? I'll check your location first to see if something is going on there to cause this. Just need to get your zip code and cross streets? Also, what phone do you have?

Thank you,
- Heather
Sprint Social Care
Master

MaryAnneRozinsky,

The issues with the towers are now restored. Let's try updating the profile one more time. Dial ##873283#, tap Call, then Ok. Keep us posted.

Marie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Still doesn't work...

Master

MaryAnneRozinsky,

May I ask if this issue only happens while in the one location? Also, can you please try holding down the Menu and Power buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Please let me know.

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The texting problem happens in all my locations since Monday.   Held down the Menu and Power buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears and tried texting again.  no luck

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat