cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone taxes and fees?

SOLVED
Journeyman

iPhone taxes and fees?

I'm a new customer coming from VZW, I preordered my iphone last night (after trying for over an hour ) and I purchased the 64GB, my final total after taxes and fees was $484.

I stupidly assumed that covered the activation fee, which is why it was so much. I was wrong.

Can someone break down the taxes and fees to me and explain why they were $85? Seems a bit extreme to me. Was it because I'm a new customer and had to pay to open an account or something?

My BF bought the same phone on VZW and his total was $450.

It's already a done deal so it's not like I'm going to change my mind, I'm just wondering what I'm paying for. Thanks!

(I was going to call customer service, but waiting on hold for over 20 mins isn't my cup of tea.)

17 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: iPhone taxes and fees?

yea that is odd indeed. Did you order from the website or by phone? I almost got the 64gb but opted for the 32gb since i wont have music on my phone I just stream. Anyways back to the Cost

$849.99

-$150 New Customer

-$300Discount

$399.99

Apple Care Optional

$99(-)

Free Shipping

Taxes (whatever yurt tax rate is)

Ill use my TX rate Nevada 8.1

Total

$432.38 + Activation later on $36

$468.38

my 32gb is 330.37 in the end its 366.37

Highlighted
Master

Just want to know that $85 included Activation fees or not? For taxes and fee info please visit this site :-

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Know_about_Sprint_surcharges_taxes_fees_and_other_charges/...

Abe

Journeyman

$85 Dollars should even be there if you are a new customer $36 dollars for activation and or Upgrade thats all. Shouldnt even be a prorate fee since the phone is not in your hand. You may need to call and leave your phone on speaker until someone answers. Thats what I did last night...lol took 18mins to get an Rep, but got great service once i did.

Journeyman

Sprint is being slick and charging taxes on the original price as opposed to the price after instant savings. I just tried to order 32gb iPhone and noticed same thing. How this hasnt been reported to IRS is unbelievable to me.

Journeyman

Thanks for the help. I checked my bank account and it shows I was charged $467. But my receipt still says $484. Oh well.

@MartinezPearce1, when I told my boyfriend I was charged $467, he told me the same thing. Verizon did the same thing to him. Is that even legal? Can they do that?

Journeyman

Let me know if you get the phone by Friday I to ordered the 64 gig hoping to get by Friday good luck !

Journeyman

Jennie did u get a tracking number yet?

Journeyman

no i havent even gotten a comformation email. i called and they said that it usually apears 24 hours before the phone is shipped..

Journeyman

No, I haven't gotten anything yet either. I went to www.sprint.com/myorder and there's still no tracking number or anything. I'm hoping that changes today. I'm going to be so bummed if I don't get it tomorrow.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.