iphone 5 connectivity issues....PLEASE HELP

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone 5 connectivity issues....PLEASE HELP

x

108 REPLIES 108
Highlighted

Isg209,

Thank you for posting your experience on community.  I am sending you a private message, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted
Journeyman

11/12/12 Update:  Issue continues to exist with just keeping the phone in 3G.  It seems to occur if I tavel more as I transition between sprint towers.  Meaning.. I travel from one side of the city to the other and I will not have data access even though voice and Sprint 3G is displayed. Again, the fix is shut down the phone and restart. 

Last week I did an I tunes restoratiuon on both mine and my wifes phone.  The same two new phones we recieved a week ago.   The issue still exisits. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been having the exact same problem with 3G. The only way it goes away is by rebooting the phone. But the remedy is shortlasted. I have tried to dial the profile activation number and what not and it has temporarily healed the situation, but the problem remains and returns. I recently upgraded to iphone 5 from my Google Nexus 4S, and never had a problem with 3G on that device. Not having data access when I need it makes the smartphone really unsmart and unusable. I have been reading all these posts where some people are claiming to have been helped by Apple directly and what not. However from the nature of the problem it sure seems to be a Sprint-Apple interfacing or Sprint-only issue. Do I call Apple? Do I call Sprint? Any ideas please?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Go through both, they each will troubleshoot their part. I do feel, that as a group, we need to force Sprint to replace our phones with another model that works if that's our choice. There seems to be no end in sight and we're paying fees for services we aren't getting and for a problem they knew existed when they sold us these devices.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks dk2464. I did call Apple tpday and spoke to a senior adviser about this. He checked all the 'profile-activation' that some folks here have been referring to and said it was all okay. What he said makes sense to me because when I am on Sprint LTE (some areas around San Carlos), I have no problems. But as soon as I enter a 3G data area it starts acting up. If it were an 'activation' issue, it would have not worked in any of the mobile data networks. So Sprint surely seems to be the one responsible here. I agree with you about them (Sprint) selling stuff that have issues right off the bat. I also recall that Sprint took for ever to get the Epic 4G an android upgrade just because they were "working on issues". I am tied at this point with them until 2014, but if push comes to shove I am going to pay the penalties and leave them for good.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've filed formal complaints with the FCC and the California Utillities Commission. My next stop is the BBB. I'd strongly suggest we all do this. I escalated to several supervisors this morning and they all flatly refused to allow me to switch my device for one that actually works. They mentioned that a fix is supposed to be in place tomorrow but take that for what it's worth......

Highlighted
Journeyman

I spoke to Sprint yesterday afternoon and the rep reported that she noticed some 'errors' during the activation process, but that since the department that fixes these errors were closed, she would call me back tomorrow morning. So I am currently waiting for her call and see if she can resolve this. You have done the right thing dk2464, in filing those formal complaints. If they really can't resolve this for me, I shall follow your footsteps too. I will not pay for an expensive device/service and let them get away with not providing that to me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK, just got off the phone with the Sprint rep that I spoke to yesterday. She advised that Sprint is aware and actively working on the issue and the current word is that they will put the fix in place by 5 PM CST tomorrow. The rep told me that she would call me around 5 PM CST tomorrow to check/perform walkthrough to restore conneectivity. So we'll see. Of course even if the connectivity is restored tomorrow it would mean nothing until it actually stays connected. I will keep you folks updated. Please post your updates too.

Highlighted
Journeyman

fromtheotherbay - Was this for your area only?   I escallated my discussions and I was told by the network administrator that its a known issue and that I should consider canceling my service because there is no know solution other than restarting the phone. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

she didn't mention if it was location specific.....did they offer to not charge you the ETF if you cancelled?

Highlighted
Journeyman

There was a discussion thread earlier that was deleted. I wonder why sprint moderators would that. I know the last post talked about class action lawsuits...

Highlighted
Journeyman

All - They did not say anything about the ETF if I canceled.  They transfered me to the cancelation resource and then I got cut off and the call ended.   I was so irritated by the conversation and the answer of "When, you will have to cancel your service" that I have not bothered calling back yet. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat