iphone 5 connectivity issues....PLEASE HELP

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone 5 connectivity issues....PLEASE HELP

x

108 REPLIES 108
Highlighted
Journeyman

I cannot believe I have paid $400+ so far for a service with no reception. I've used it 95% over wifi. It's embarrassing when I take an important call and it drops 3 times in a row or I can't receive emails due to no data or some other error or not get texts. Ridiculous. My service on 3GS with another provider was 50x better than this. I'm going to take all the steps to get his resolved in the next 2 weeks and if not ill break the contract myself

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have done the update and I still have to turn off my phone and turn it back on to get the internet to work.Sprint sucks. Class action lawsuit is in order!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why does Sprint suck? The iPhone 5 doesn't even work on their network. It's not Apple's problem. It's Sprint's.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just recieved the same message as fromtheother bay from a Sprint support manager.  Sprint is planning for a network update at 5:00pm CST on 11/17/2012 that is supposed to resolve this issue. We will see what happens.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi mk7880, good that you have received the same word too. Keeping our fingers crossed. But we folks need to stick together and make sure they get this resolved.

Highlighted

Good morning mk7880,

I appreciate you keeping me posted.  Can you please let me know cross streets of your residence including your city and state. I will continue researching this.

Appreciatively,

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted
Journeyman

The sprint rep called me yesterday and advised that Sprint has failed to put the fix in place on the declared deadline of 5 PM CST on 11/17/2012. She also said that a manager would call me on Monday 11/19/2012 to keep me posted on the latest status of things. I shall keep everyone updated.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint iphone 5 data issues continue after 2 months.  Spoken to 3 supervisors in the Network ticketing department promised a resolution by November 17th.  Guess what no reoslution just more lies of we are doing everything we can.  Or maybe I should restore myphone again just to past time by or maybe I should go to the apple store to get a replacement because its fun.  Stop the slow walking me and get-her done.  I dont even get a upload speed.   Download speed of .07 mbps....is that crap or what.  And then the worst part about is they train everyone in the network ticket department to lie thru there teeth or just repeat the notes on the accounts from previous reps so that everyone has the same bs story.

IMG_0404 2.jpgSprint iphone 5 data issues continue after 2 months.  Spoken to 3 supervisors in the Network ticketing department promised a resolution by November 17th.  Guess what no reoslution just more lies of we are doing everything we can.  Or maybe I should restore myphone again just to past time by or maybe I should go to the apple store to get a replacement because its fun.  Stop the slow walking me and get-her done.  I dont even get a upload speed.   Download speed of .07 mbps....is that crap or what.  And then the worst part about is they train everyone in the network ticket department to lie thru there teeth or just repeat the notes on the accounts from previous reps so that everyone has the same bs story. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Having the same issue here in New York, 3g is useless with my 2 week old Iphone 5! I've spent hours on chat and on phone with Sprint, every story is different. Reset the phone, Update the software, etc etc. I have spotty to no data service 90% percent of the time. Trying to download Apps is a joke, I've only downloaded one App using 3G as a test against WIFI. Took 2 hours to complete! Sprint takes no responsibility for there short comings and will not formally admit there is an issue with there service on the Iphone 5. They won't even offer a service credit for the service we are not receiving.

Everyone on this board needs to keep it going until this issue is admitted by Sprint and they take action. I myself make it a point to chat with customer service at least once a day. This creates a hard record of the issue via email after your conversation. I then take the issue to Apple and email there customer service with transcript from sprint. Making it a point to tell Apple that Sprint is bringing your product a bad rep, besides the financial ramifications of all those returned Iphones for new ones for a problem that is not there's.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Fromtheotherbay- interesting info you have.   Let us know what you find out.   The sprint rep called me back and said it would take a few hours for the implementation. To activate.  Tomorrow will be the big test.      However the sprint rep did not tell me anything about the implementation being delayed.    

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you have owned it less than 14 days I strongly suggest you return the phone and cancel the contract.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Every rep I spoke to gave us a different story. One telling us there was no problems in the area the next one saying there was a problem a a few days before but that ticket was closed yet that issue wasn't even a data issue. That rep actually said there was an update to the data in our area. After talking to several others within a few days and in the meantime waiting on the technicians to call us we spoke with several more reps. I spoke with another Account Manager (which I think everyone I spoke to would tell me there were a manager), and he said there was a ticket open in the area recently the same day the previous mentioned to me. This rep said it was still open when I mentioned what the other rep said, his response was "well I can only speak for myself and what I see I don't know why they told you that. I also mentioned to them the test we did comparing my family that is on the sprint network and they have iphone 4s were not having any issues. They had nothing to say except it was the tower in our area. I then mentioned how this is happening everywhere so I asked if that meant the tower in our area affected it when we were more than 60 miles away from home. Again, another question they could not answer. I finally contacted executive office after speaking to all of these reps and I we were still waiting on the technicians to call. At this point it was almost a week later from when they were suppose to call us. The excutive rep that helped us had to go over the same thing we did with every single rep. He tried to tell me the same things as all the others then told me that we had bought a LTE phone. I knew we didn't have LTE in our area but it should still run on 3G, he agreed and when I explained how it wasn't he said we would have to wait on the technicians. Of course they tried to blame Apple which we had already taken the phone to be check out and they replaced the phone and the sim card just for the same issue to happen. Days later the technician called that they replaced something in the tower did a test on the phone and stil the same outcome. At this point sprint didn't even know what to say. In the end after all the back and forth calling everyday several times a day. We got them to send us out a iphone 4s and credit us the difference and for all the trouble and charges we had to pay. We've come to realize all they do is tell everyone the same thing and blame Apple. They did try to tell us they coudln't do nothing about it but we didn't give up. All this trouble and hundreds of dollars we spent having our iphone 5 replaced because they told us the first one could have been from a bad batch and went through that twice and then drive an hour to an Apple store. We really wanted the iphone 5 and furious for the hassle we had to go through all because Sprint can't admit it doesn't work on their network.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat