iphone 5 connectivity issues....PLEASE HELP

Highlighted
Journeyman

iphone 5 connectivity issues....PLEASE HELP

x

108 REPLIES 108
Highlighted
Journeyman

Update for 11/19/2012. The call from a 'Sprint Manager' that I was supposed to receive today with the latest updates on this issue has not come yet. I hope they are not coming up with thes erandom blattant lies to get off the phone and/or evade the issue. Unbelievable inefficiency these guys are showing. They so deserve a class-action suit.

Highlighted
Journeyman

All - I have an update for the group.  My wife and I did a full day of testing and its so far so good.   I wouldn't call it fixed yet, but we didn't have to reset our phones once.  Jumping from Wifi to 3g and then driving across the city to different sprint towers.  Voicemail and internet worked today.  We will see how day 2 goes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay, Monday came and went. Tuesday came and is about to end and still there has not been any calls from any manager at Sprint. We will see where they drag this to. But their total disregard of customer satisfaction and absolute reluctance to make good on their promises has apalled me beyond belief. I am not sure what is going on with the other folks on this forum coz it looks kinda slow in here. But if you guys have this resolved, please share the word.

mk7880, what did you do to get it fixed? You mentioned that you did not need to reset the phone. Does that mean that it all started to work automatically? Please let us know.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Personally I think the only resolution will be when they have LTE in mass use. When I use my phone in NY it is terrible but in the Los Angeles area (where LTE is heavily being rolled out) it is much better but still not great.

After a discussion with customer service it's clear to me there is no resolution to make our phones perform better and they are probably waiting it out until the majority of areas have higher spec equipment. Could be wrong though obviously.

Highlighted
Journeyman

fromtheotherbay:  I didn't have to do anything.  According to Sprint the network update went into my area.  Twin Cities, MN.  My wife and I are on day two of the change and we still have not had any repeats of the issue.  Its the first time since I owned the Iphone 5 that I didn't need to reset it 5 times a day.   I was under the impression that this network update was getting issued across the US. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update as of 9.21 PM (PST) on 11/20/2012 :

On reading about mk7880's experience, I restarted the phone while still at work wich has WiFi coverage. Then on the way back home, I stopped at a gas station about half a mile away to check if it had successfully switched to 3G. It did. This was in San Carlos, CA.

I then drove home to Sunnyvale, and when I parked the car, I checked if I had 3G. (The parking area has no WiFi). It did.

On entering my house, I had now WiFi coverage. I checked the phone, and it had switched to WiFi successfully.

I then disabled WiFi and fired up YouTube. It did successfully switch to 3G data and started playing the video.

So, thus far, things have been looking good. But I shall keep a strong vigil on it for the next few days to see if the fix is permanent.

I would also like to thank Jazzgirl7777 for her proactive effort and empathy in handling the situation. I wish I could say the same about Sprint customer service.

Highlighted

fromtheotherbay,

Oh thank you for the accolades!  You are most welcome  I did reply to your private message, and I am also looking into the representative that you had previously spoken with.  I will be able to contact his or her management team directly.

Please keep me posted.

Appreciatively,

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted
Journeyman

All,

Big test for the Iphone 5 with Sprint network update this weekend.  My wife and I were able to transition multiple towers w/ 3G, Roaming, and wifi in every situation you can think of with no issues to report.  Data speeds were similar to what I had with my android system. Whatever the Sprint network update occured, it seems to have resolved my issues.

Highlighted

mk78880,

That is great news!  I'm so glad to hear that the updates have improved service.  I also appreciate you keeping me posted with the progress.

Sincerely,

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update on this issue as of 3.41 PM on 11/26/2012

It has been a full week and several tests to verify 3G connectivity/switching, and it has worked correctly everytime. So it appears that Sprint has gotten this straightened finally.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences and to Jazzgirl7777 for pursuing this relentlessly.

Highlighted

fromtheotherbay,

Glad your 3G is working!  It has been my pleasure assisting you 

If you have any future questions or concerns please feel free to send me a message.

Sincerely,

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm still experiencing constant loss of 3G and stuttering internet connectivity here in San Francisco. I'm in for a very large credit.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat