cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone 5 connectivity issues....PLEASE HELP

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: iPhone 5 3G connectivity issues (PLEASE HELP)

Sprint's 3G coverage sucks in El Paso Tx, even criket is faster. I'm only wating to finish my contract to move to another company

Highlighted
Journeyman

It seems that I'm in the same boat as many of the customers here, with no land in sight.  I never had these problems with my iPhone 4S.  Apple and Sprint are both playing the blame-game.  I've been a Sprint customer ever since I was old enough to have a mobile phone, and this might be the death-knell for our relationship if they can't get this fixed.  I'm on my 1st replacement, and am headed into the Apple store this afternoon for a second one.  I doubt this will resolve the issues with losing 3G connectivity, but what else can we do?  I stayed with Sprint for the unlimited data, but right now I'm barely getting any data...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am extremely unhappy with the iPhone 5 and sprint! I've had multiple iphones and am familiar with how they work. Moved to sprint with a 4s and loved it. Had almost no trouble. Since getting the 5, i have regretted every minute of it! The data is terrible! I am restting my network connection under the settings area, as well as dialing the "code" that sprint customer service gave me MULTIPLE times a day! After the reset, my phone works OK (yes, just OK) for a bit, then back to doing the reset. When connected to a wifi network the phone seems to operate much better. I am disapointed in the battery life of the phone as well. So much for that 10 hrs talk time that Apple advertises. I get almost no cell reception in my home and 1 bar in my office where as my 4s has signigficant more signal. I have been on the phone with sprint and apple twice today. They do some basic troubleshooting with the network and then check the coverage in my areal, and then a few hours later, back to the constant data resets. When asking about the LTE coverage that sprint advertises I have in my area, I am told that "its not really LTE" is something different but a slight step above 3G. (not that 3G or this "other LTE" work anyway!) I am so unhappy that i may make the switch back to the 4s. I guess in this case, new is not necessarily better!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had Sprint for years, and i have never been so unhappy! Ever since I got the iPhone 5, every phone call I make in my apartment drops.  My phone NEVER says 3G or 4G.  Apple blames Sprint, and Sprint won't do anything for me. Unfortunately I got the phone 1-2 weeks before Superstorm Sandy... by the time I put together all the issues I were having started with the new phone, the storm hit and many services were out - anything I could have brought up would have been blamed on the storm.  Once more things were more back to normal I began my complaints, and they have led nowhere.  And at this point they are saying I've had the phone too long - I don't even want the iPhone anymore.  I don't know what to do at this point.

Highlighted

meny26,

I appreciate you posting your feedback regarding your 3G connectivity with your Iphone 5.  I have been working with several customers that have similar connectivity issues that you are experiencing.  I would like to offer the same assistance for you, along with all other community members regarding  3G connectivity. 

I will require your account information in order to do so.  Please send me a private message including your full name, and phone number.  With this information I can verify your physical location and surrounding coverage area, to include with my escalation to my network technicians.  Please be sure not to post any personal or private information over the forum to ensure your privacy remains secured.

To send a private message:

-select my username underneath my avatar

-there is an option for send private message to far right of my profile page

I look forward to working with you to resolve this

Appreciatively,

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted

spclayton,

I appreciate your feedback as well.  I apologize for the inconvenience  you have endured with this.  We are working with Apple to develop a permanent fix.  You are among many customers that upgraded from a 4S to the Iphone 5, and state the same outcome.  The 4S doesn't have connectivity issues that the Iphone 5 is currently having.

As I have posted to other community members that are experiencing the same, I welcome you sending me a private message so that I can include your account profile information in the Iphone 5 connectivity to 3G.

I will require your full name, and phone number.  With this information I can verify your physical location and surrounding coverage area, to include with my escalation to my network technicians.  Please be sure not to post any personal or private information over the forum to ensure your privacy remains secured.

-there is an option for send private message to the far right of my profile page

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted

abatchelder220,

I appreciate your feedback also regarding your Iphone 5.  I am concerned with your battery issues, and also your 4G connectivity.  I understand that you still have your 4S, and you are considering re-activating this device.  If you haven't already, I would like to include your account profile along with the other community members that I have been working with to report the connectivity issues that you experiencing.

In order to do so, I will require your full name, and phone number.  With this information I can verify your physical location and surrounding coverage area, to include with my escalation to my network technicians.  Please be sure not to post any personal or private information over the forum to ensure your privacy remains secured.

-there is an option for send private message to the far right of my profile page

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted

EJMTC,

First, Storm Sandy was an unfortunate impacting storm that has disrupted a total region of our country.  My heart goes out to all residents that were, an still might be affected from the aftermath of the storm. I hope that you and your family did not experience any loss as a result of the storm.

With regards to your Iphone 5, I realize it was a difficult process as we re-built our network towers that were damaged from the storm.  I would like to look into your account profile also, and include your information along with the other community members that I have replied to, and also are still working with.

I will require your full name, and phone number.  With this information I can verify your physical location and surrounding coverage area, to include with my escalation to my network technicians.  Please be sure not to post any personal or private information over the forum to ensure your privacy remains secured.

Appreciatively,

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having all these issues as well as problems receiving calls.  I will have somene tell me they called and I will not have a missed call. Other times I will see I have a missed call but no voicemail.  Then an hour or so later the voicemail will appear.  I also have issues accessing my visual voicmail but now that is working okay. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having all these issues as well as problems receiving calls.  I will have somene tell me they called and I will not have a missed call. Other times I will see I have a missed call but no voicemail.  Then an hour or so later the voicemail will appear.  I also have issues accessing my visual voicmail but now that is working okay. 

Highlighted

kimandkellymc,

I am sorry to hear of your concerns also.  I would like to assist you, as I have offered other community members regarding their Iphone 5'S and 3G connectivity.  I will need access to your account profile.  Please send a private message including your full name and phone number.  Be sure not to post your personal or account information over the forum to ensure your privacy remains secured.

Appreciatively,

Jazzgirl7777

Social Care Support

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same issue! It's frustrating that my husband will be standing right next to me using his 4s and his phone has no issues with 3G but my "new" phone does!!

I can't wait for a fix because I've tried a hard reset, reset network setting and soft resets and none work!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat